2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just got a local garage to fit a set of 18s on my car and replace 2 of the tyres

Didn't notice straight away but now when I am driving straight, the steering wheel is slightly to the left and man is it frustrating. Is there a quick fix to this? tracking slightly out or something? I dunno

Cheers for your help as always guys

Tom

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other noticeable symptoms really, I have gone from rages to 18s so it does feel a little odd (better) , but at speed etc everything is fine, no vibrations or anything

I can pop it to another local garage who would do any little job for me but wanted to know whether it was going to be a 10 min job or cost £40 - £50 for an hour or so in which case I would go back to the tyre place

·
Registered
387 Posts
had the same problem as you after a service from honda!
went back a week later, and they fixed it in under 10 minutes at no cost

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Hahaha, just had my car serviced by honda and on driving away the wheel was at a 4 / 2 o'clock possition rather than the 9 / 3 o'clock as it should be (hope you get what I mean..). I turned around and took it straight back. Took them about 20 mins to sort but dead straight again now. Couldn't live with that!

·
Registered
356 Posts
If your car was steering ok and wheel was centred with you original wheels then it could well be a problem with the new tyres, easy way to check is to swop the wheels front to back and see what the effect is, if its exactly the same then probably is tracking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts