2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Few weeks ago i buy a Honda civic 1.4 from 2006. From a few days a now i have the problem of many people in here talk about it.:( When i start the car the steering wheel doenst move and appear a warning on the dashboard. I Already check the battery two days ago it was really dead. so i bought a new one. In this morning the error appear again. I turn off the car e turn on again and notthing appear on the screen. Did anyone change this by it self? Or on honda? Im from portugal and seems this is the first time happen because i didnt see anyone in here talk about it. Can you guys help me with this issue? :confused:

Regrads

·
Registered
118 Posts
The steering control unit is the same on all 8G Civics and has to be replaces (no software update), which can be done plug& play.

The costs may vary depending on your dealer. Maybe somebody else can tell you how much they payed for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i hope. i try to search a use one i already find several the main question like before is if it fit on my model. i dont know if something is different. i already see the number part and it is the same 3998 but the rest changes... some guys ask me for 150€ ok inst to expensive but i dont know if i have to do something to upgrade the ecu or something!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honda dealer Portugal very helpfull

Hello

Finaly i haven been on a honda dealer in Portugal. They connect the car to they software free of charge and the error appear on the report DTC 32-09. They say this is a normal error when the battery is in bad condition. If you change the battery and dont clear e past errores on the main cpu of the car they simply gonna appear again. Is this possible??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts