2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. not sure if this subject was covered in another topic.
i'm facing some vibration in my steeting wheel at idle. any ideas? thanks

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody. not sure if this subject was covered in another topic.
i'm facing some vibration in my steeting wheel at idle. any ideas? thanks

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
Is this a diesel car? Mileage?

Could be, DMF,Engine Mounts

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my 2.2 ctdi. Vibration through the steering wheel, dash and driver seat whilst idle. Any ideas?
Accords tend to suffer from CV joint/driveshaft wear, so one/both may be the cause.

Or your DMF may be getting tired, how many miles have you done? I presume it's the original DMF/clutch?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Accords tend to suffer from CV joint/driveshaft wear, so one/both may be the cause.

Or your DMF may be getting tired, how many miles have you done? I presume it's the original DMF/clutch?
It's only done 92K and there are no issues when it's moving. Manifold has been done so it's not that. I'm guessing the clutch/dmf is original.
It's been like this for a few thousand miles.

I would've thought the driveshaft wouldn't exhibit problems when the engine is idle.

Engine mounts?

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Doh yeah, good point about being stationary.

Indeed, could well be one or two tired engine mounts.

Does the engine run nice and smooth, well serviced, etc. A dodgy injector, glow plug, sticky EGR valve, inlet leak might cause uneven idle.

A dynamic HDS test can check various components but before you go there have you cleared and checked any error codes?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't checked if there any codes to be cleared.

EGR valve could be a problem. When it was mapped the EGR test was not responding... sometimes I hear something opening or closing in the engine when I'm stationary, and at that point it vibrates. Touch the gas and it stops vibrating. Would the EGR cause vibration?

It's regularly serviced with Honda parts and it runs smooth.

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
It's good that you've only ever used genuine parts.

Yes, a sticky EGR valve would cause uneven running as the engine won't be seeing what the ECU thinks it's setting.

Does the vibration ease after a few seconds at idle?

Is the EGR valve on an Accord mechanical? - it's vacuum activated on a Civic.

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
The TypeAccord forum suggest EGR and/or throttle body maybe the cause.

A clean and lube usually fixes the issue, would be a cost effective fix for you ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It always vibrate at idle, well, at least 80% of the time. It sounds boomy when it's cold, a bit loud then quiets when warmer, not to its original refinement best, though. The rev counter is steady.

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts