2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
civic owners, need some help!!

Not sure what couldve caused this, i have never taken dashboard apart or changed anything, completely stock I'm hoping someone knows what couldve caused this, and how to fix it!

Fristly i noticed the console displaying the cd player/radio/clock had turned off along with the cd player lights. Then i noticed the dash being slightly dimmer than i usually prefer. Lastly, the most important part, i got out the car and went to lock the car. Nothing. No noise, no indicator lights, no immobiliser. I locked the driver side door, which locked it, but the back doors were open still!

I have literally no idea what happened and I'm panicking! someone please tell me they know whats going on!

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
These are the things attached to that fuse

MICU, Immobilizer-keyless control unit, Gauge control module (tach), Gauge control module (speedo), Hands Free Telephone control unit

The MICU being there is a pain, because it could then be a bunch of circuits with go through the MICU.

What you really need is a resettable fuse in space 16 under the hood and then diagnose it by pulling components or the under dash fuses until you can highlight which circuit is blowing it.

You also want to check with a multimeter whether you've got a short to ground between space 16 and a ground point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts