2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share with you my new stereo, built by a company here in Stockholm, Sweden.

Everything (including front system) is JL Audio, subwoofer made from a fast sketch I made on a napkin. Comments and critique always welcome! :)

Sorry for not posting images right off, but this link will have to do.

Minhembio.com - Hemma hos anarkizt - Bilstereon

Thanks for reading (and watching).

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Very good idea, although doesn't it shake up your food, when you've been shopping, lol.

Tom

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Wow thats gonna burst you eardrums

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the comments :)

Yes, it lights up, but only very little (not too tacky) since the wooden board lies over the whole thing and you can only see some blue light through the plexi glass. The actual neon light is covered by the board during normal use.

The front system is also JL Audio together with some Kenwood main unit. All speakers are powered by the amp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FWH, I dont have the GT. I only know one more person here in Sweden that didnt order the GT. Kinda rare haha.

Swindon: Thanks, and it sounds as nice as it looks as well. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can see that you have RCA's going into the amp - which head unit do you have? Is it the stock one/Sat Nav/Single or Double Din? (In Australia we only get one model/spec)
Im desperately wanting to upgrade the sound system - Our head units dont come with RCA's (Preouts) sucks :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The main unit (at the dashboard) is a Kenwood-someting, single Din. I mainly use my USB-memory to play music from so its perfect. I dont have the GT-model so no Stereo was there from the beginning which made it very easy to fit any unit in there.

I didnt do any of the actual work tho, better left to the pros. :) The whole thing cost about 14000SEK ~ 1500EUR.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! The light is almost not visible when the board lies over the whole thing. Only some faint blue glow from the side, not too tacky for me. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts