2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone on here (NEAR TO DONCASTER) fit car stereo.bought a 2nd hand double din unit and the civic surround to go with it ..But am a little apprehensive about the wiring.cheers

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
To be honest it's the most straightforward swop I have done, the dash comes apart very easily and the wiring is a straight swop.......unless youur car has a built in amp but even then it's not bad. If you look at the forums and at youtube you'll be sorted and save yourself a fortune. If not any ICE shop will do it for you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wiring

The trim removal is as you said easy..The plugs (5) dont match..
even the aerial plug doesnt connect up...and that one looked the most straight forward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
halfords

went to Halfords :frown2:..explained what I needed.gave the reg number..6 days later picked up the leads ..only to find they are not right for my car..I have 5 plugs that go to stereo .1 plug connector at end of the harness they sold me...im getting miffed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its chinese ..BUT i have been back to halfords and ordered a "hopefully " correct wiring loom .The guy rang connects 2 tech team to make sure the right one was ordered this time ..Fingers crossed .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing from speakers

UPDATE ....ot the loom from Halfords..all wires connected and the unit powers up BUT nothing from the speakers..ITs not the unit as i wired it directly to a speaker and got sound that way..Any ideas what i should do .I dont have another stereo to test the loom ,,Is there anything unique (wiring wise ) on the cars >??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts