2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to tear apart my car dash to get behind the radio but I really need a solid understanding of the different parts that have to be removed Before I can get to the radio.

I will attempt to install:

- Audison Bit Ten sound processor
- DLS Reference RS6N speakers
- MDS Amplifier

As I only have a 2 channel amp lying around I will only upgrade the fronts at the moment and leave rears alone.

Not really a fan of Hondas interior clips as they seem to break alot when removing so I don't want to poke on the wrong things.

Does anyone have a service diagram or anything that describe how to remove the stereo?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I think Gloom has a 9G although tis a bit confusing with the Type-R avatar :confused:
Good point, I made my assumption from the avatar and didn't check the forum title properly.

My bad.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I know I almost made the same assumption :)

...unless you posted in the wrong section Gloom?

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
No, Gloom has a 9G

I would think there is a 'secret' to how the SatNav\Audio unit slides out without having to take any major parts out.

Whether that will be enough access is anyone's guess

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, Gloom has a 9G

I would think there is a 'secret' to how the SatNav\Audio unit slides out without having to take any major parts out.

Whether that will be enough access is anyone's guess
When I sit at the drivers seat oggling the dash I get the feeling I only need to remove 3 parts.

The panel right of the dash (left on mine) that stretches down to the center console.
Then the panel with the instruments, speedo etc.
And last the panel above the stereo sitting flat.
After this there shouldn't be anything obstructing in any angle, but I could be missing something.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I almost made the same assumption :)

...unless you posted in the wrong section Gloom?
I used to have a FN2 but havn't switched avatars.
Let's see what I can find :)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi Gloom,

I am in the process of creating a quick guide on radio removal. It will be located in the How To section soon. If you don't mind, when you pull apart your dash, let me know what type of fasteners (either round head screws or hex head nuts with screw hole (quantity:2)) are holding the lower part of the radio in place (refer to radio lower bracket in picture).
Thanks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quick How To uploaded. Enjoy!
Thanks!
Will check this out in a few days and report back to you about the nuts.
A lot of stuff right now.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might start this project friday.
Need the stereo wiring diagram though if anyone have one?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I stumbled across an audio wiring diagram for the US based 9G Sedan a long while back. Too bad the wire colours on the 9G hatch are completely different and therefore the diagram is of no use! Very likely, the pinouts will be different on the plug.

Don't have the link anymore, but Google it and you should find it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a big problem searching the web about the new civic and hits are mostly for us versions.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well this is not going anywhere yet until I get hold of the wiring diagram.
Today I have time or I have to wait allmost a week. Frustrating.
I guess I could remove the door cards first and check the wire colouring there at the actual speakers.
Would like to know which is the "remote" wire though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You do not want to risk it without the wiring codes. I was ready to wire in a LOC but had no idea what wires were what. Whilst you're waiting, why not try contacting Impulse electronics and see if they'll assist? Their contact details are in Stereo ISO fitting thread in the HowTo section.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts