2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what adaptor fits into the wiring harness on the mk 9 civic to convert to ISO so that I can fit a double din touch screen unit? Is it the same as the old model? I would like to do this myself as it gives me a better choice of units and also the opportunity to buy one at the right price. Also, has anyone dismantled the dash yet? Fitted a parrot to my old mk 8 and was glad of the 'how-to' article on this site.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
There is a aftermarket fascia from 'Connects 2' for 9G Civic on from a UK Ebay seller. Maybe you can get in touch with Connects 2?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, that link is very helpful. Going to fit a touchscreen double din stereo. The fascia adaptors are now available on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you want to use the existing speaker plug, use the Metra 72-7800 adapter. For speaker fitment, use the Scosche sahc634 plastic speaker spacer, otherwise the window glass hit the back of the magnet.

Both items are available on ebay.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
By the way, don't bother changing the speakers and leaving the stock head unit in. It is a very disappointing result....
Stock speakers had significantly more bass (but aftermarket has better top end due to separate tweeters).

·
Registered
3 Posts
standard radio to sat nav touch screen 9th gen

hi
i have just got my hands on a 2012 premium audio system from civic ex 2012, the car was a right off after 3000 miles ....:confused::confused: my question is does anyone know if its a straight swap over to replace my standard radio system in my 2012 9th gen civic, the sat nav i have has the fitting panel ie two air vents and hazard switch etc so it looks like a straight swap over, just wonder if the multi plug will be the same on the back of the head unit?, my car is the es model ..any help would be very useful thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts