2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried fitting my new stereo today and ended up screwing the electrics on the car I think.

Never noticed the 12v and ground were switched around on the head unit connector so now I think I've blown something. Stuck the standard head unit back in and it's not working, neither is the display..... key fob has gone too. Which means no alarm and I have to manually lock all the doors.

The lights now no longer come on without the ignition being on and when I start the car with the lights on the dashboard automatically dims to half brightness.

Have checked the fuses but there all fine. Need help.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
hi there, sorry to hear you have had problem, have you tested the fuses or just visually checked to see that they are okay, have you tried to take the battery off for a while in case it resets its self, and have you tried turning the dimming round button around back to full brightness, i would have thought if the wires were the wrong way when it connected, it would just blow a fuse, and in regards to your key fob have you got a spare key to try on the car, i would try all the fuses, and take it from there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there, sorry to hear you have had problem, have you tested the fuses or just visually checked to see that they are okay, have you tried to take the battery off for a while in case it resets its self, and have you tried turning the dimming round button around back to full brightness, i would have thought if the wires were the wrong way when it connected, it would just blow a fuse, and in regards to your key fob have you got a spare key to try on the car, i would try all the fuses, and take it from there

Yea I've just pulled them and had a look. Yea turning the knob but it's a bit nippy to do every time lol. Gonna go take the batt off for a bit and test the fuses properly. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I can't remember too well, but I had similar situation on my 8G. All the normal fuses seemed fine, but another had popped which was further up the circuit... I think it was 14 or 15, but can't remember

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Pesky fuses, but they save your car from going up in smoke, glad u got it sorted mate

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts