2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo doesnt seem to work and the main LCD display is also off.
Will be like this for a while and then come on.

Anyone know a fix for this please. I know the display will need a solder but the headunit is a aftermarket one??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Stock radio? Do you hear a popping sound when it shuts off?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aftermarket double din.
No popping. Wont come on when car is started but then will suddenly come to life and the main lcd screen then also starts working (where the temp and time is etc)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Aftermarket double din.
No popping. Wont come on when car is started but then will suddenly come to life and the main lcd screen then also starts working (where the temp and time is etc)
Does your 12v outtake (ciglighter) also stop working when stereo and screen goes?

·
Registered
329 Posts
If the screen, radio and ciglighter goes out at the same time, its probably the acc cut relay. I have the same issues, but havent swapped my relay yet. If not it may be wiring problems as suggested.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does your 12v outtake (ciglighter) also stop working when stereo and screen goes?

Good question! If it does that im guessing a fuse or bad earth?
Will need to check the lighter next time it happens

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the screen, radio and ciglighter goes out at the same time, its probably the acc cut relay. I have the same issues, but havent swapped my relay yet. If not it may be wiring problems as suggested.

where abouts is this relay please?

·
Registered
329 Posts
where abouts is this relay please?
Its pretty deep in the dash. Need to do some serious dismantling to get to it. I haven't fixed this my self yet, so can't speak of the difficulty. But check if the ciglighter is out as well with the stereo and screen before you consider my suggestion as to what the issue might be.

·
Derv Driver
458 Posts
May or may not be related, but I've had a dead display that was due to the Connects2 box that died on me. In this instance though, the stereo itself was unaffected and also the display didn't come on after a delay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little update. When the screen and stereo doesnt work nor does the cigarette lighter so guessing is the ACC relay. Anyone know where to get one and where it is located?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Little update. When the screen and stereo doesnt work nor does the cigarette lighter so guessing is the ACC relay. Anyone know where to get one and where it is located?
Someplace here. Haven't looked my self but from what I have been told, it's a mess to get to it and replace it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
SRZ-1CT-DL-12VDC is the part number for the relay that i got from another user who swapped his relay for that and got it sorted.

I ordered a Mitsuba RC-4102 Honda 12v relay my self from ebay as I believe they have the same specs. But I can't be sure about that until I get it replaced. Part number for the Matsuba is 39794S10003 and is easy to find.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thank you so much
No problem. Just hopes this solves our problem! I went mad searching and searching to find somebody with the same issues as me and the solution to it, so I'm happy to help out! :) maybe you can help me out if you get it sorted before me, as I can't seem to find the time to do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
will do. Will update this post when the part arrives and when i get it fitted. Cut fingers pending very tight down there!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All done! Not that bad to be honest.
1) You need to take the lower steering column cowl off (if you replaced your own stereo its a lot easier to follow otherwise there is a how to on youtube)
2) Side panel on the right near the door.
3) Little panel off from the speedo instrument
4) Take main instrument panel off (this has the starter button attached
5) Silver strip
6) You can then access the relay and easy enough to pull out. You need the one that has the red thick wire

1 - 20 of 26 Posts