2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Appreciate all your help on the matter.
Thank you again
No problem, and thank you for putting my theory into practice! Your writeup gave me the nugde I needed and will fix this my self this weekend.

Since the relay in question is at the front, maybe, just maybe I'll be able to reach in and jank it out without as much dismantling as you did (i have tiny hands :p). I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Are you fairly confident that the relay swap fixed things? Mine cuts off every time I use my car, so will notice right away.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Too be honest i think the bottom plastics will probably be enough i just over did it to be sure!
Yes the relay definately fixed it as my stereo, clock display and cigarette lighter were completely dead but now 100% working

·
Registered
329 Posts
So the job is done! All works well after a couple of starts now. Will check in after a couple of more trips to see if it really is solved. In the picture you provided of the relay, is it the one at the back or at the front you ment? I tested by removing the front one of the two, but the stereo turned on as it should then. When I removed the the one at the back the stereo did not turn on, so i concluded it was the back one and changed that.

I only removed the plastic triangle and the lower trim under the steering wheel. Moved the inertia switch to the side and had easy access to the two relays. The whole job took under 15 minutes.

I don't know if it's due to the fact that my car i RHD, but mine does not look exactly the same as yours. It seems you have another two relays (black) directly to the right of the two greys? As you can see in my picture, they are not there in my car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Strange. Well maybe I got the wrong relay then! Will see after a couple of runs :)

If you see the added picture, the part i have highlighted is not present on my picture. Looks like a row of two more relays.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts