2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone had a sticking sun shade repaired under warranty on their Civic?

Mine is sticking and I have an extended warranty but I've been told Honda consider this to be trim. I believe its electrics as its an electric sun shade and thought I'd heard of people having this mended under warranty before.

·
Keep low, move fast!
252 Posts
I had the exact problem when I bought my 08 from North Wales Honda.

As I only had the car for less than a week, they were more than happy to have the car in.

After extensive testing all they did was slap a lot of industrial grease on the track wheels and it works a treat.

Apparently it's common if they're not used for a while?

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Roberts,

My local dealership has said it wants some new clips, they reckon its a common fault. However, it's a full days job so I'm guessing if its not warranted it will be v. expensive!

I have some silicon spray so if that's all it is and they won't warranty it, I'll cancel the booking.

·
Keep low, move fast!
252 Posts
Hi Roberts,

My local dealership has said it wants some new clips, they reckon its a common fault. However, it's a full days job so I'm guessing if its not warranted it will be v. expensive!

I have some silicon spray so if that's all it is and they won't warranty it, I'll cancel the booking.

It's worth a try!

My car was in the garage most of the day, they didn't want to strip the lining as it was labour intensive and expensive I suppose?

A simple fix if that's the case.

It's been nearly 3 months and no sticking!!

If your dealer value your custom they should honour your warranty?

Good luck mate, hope the spray works. If not try the thick grease.

Wayne.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Had mine repaired under warranty, they had the car for a day dropped the head lining etc and fitted the new parts that were required.....my only grumble was the greasy finger marks that were left all-over the headliner..

·
Keep low, move fast!
252 Posts
Had mine repaired under warranty, they had the car for a day dropped the head lining etc and fitted the new parts that were required.....my only grumble was the greasy finger marks that were left all-over the headliner..

Hi mate, which part of Wales you from?

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Newport matey, had it done in Cardiff and haven't been back since.....

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
My CTS GT is going in on friday. Had the car a week and discovered a few small electrical issues, the sticking sunroof being one of them. Hopefully they'll fix it under the warranty which covers "Engine, gearbox, and electricals" for 3 months.

If not, i'll certainly see if i can grease up the tracks somehow, or just use it more often to try and loosen it up a bit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts