2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just fitted a double din with hands free... having problems getting the wee mic to stick to the dash... tried glue dots, Velcro pads etc and none will stick.. think its cause of the silicon polish but dunno what else to try... doing my box in.. any idea? No wanting to use super glue type stuff as it will likeley mark the dash :confused::confused:

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Can you not route the mic so it is situated in the light module, every hands free system I have had sited it there, it gives clearer reception as there is less interference. Other than that I can only suggest the Velcro, strange these do not stick as they usually adhere to any surface

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I found when sticking the LED strips that they just fell off within a few days. Eventually I purchased some VHB tape which seems to be stuck solid a few weeks down the line. Make sure to clean the surface with IPA first for best adhesion.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I stuck mine down with that really strong double sided carpet tape. Doesn't move even when I bash it while dusting and wont mark the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts