2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm very confused indeed after trying to repair my sticking drivers side rear brake on the FN2.

I've fitted new slider pins, took out the pads (which have lots life left) cleaned up runners they sit in, re copper slipped, then checked the caliper , handbrake lever moving ok, retracted the piston back with tool and re pumped it out , all seemed fine ?

But it's still not working properly and binding / catching, I can see from the disc itself that it's not clean like the other 3, it's not workin at all properly ? BUT when I've stripped it all down , checked and cleaned it's fine ?

The rear calipers as you know aren't cheap, I'm just wary of buying one And it's still binding ?

I really am stuck here Guys, if anyone can please help I would be very grateful as I don't want to buy parts i don't need.

Thanks in advance !

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Had this issue with my drivers side front. Took both side off and cleaned etc, still stuck. Ended up getting new ones. Sorry it's not much help to you but its a Civic issue.

·
CTR
538 Posts
On mine it was a bent slider pin and once replaced all was good. Has the brakes been bleed recently? Not sure if trapped air would cause this.

The only other was I can think of is to repair the caliper with new piston and O rings. Not much more advice I can think of i'm afraid.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you checked that the pad is sitting correctly against the piston? There is a notch that must be lined up, meaning the piston has to be rotated until in the correct position, otherwise it wont sit flush. There is an 'inspection window' so you should be able to check without dismantling.

Otherwise, Id suspect that that the seals have gone and the piston corroded internally, meaning a rebuild kit and a lot of faffing, or buying a refurbished caliper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts