2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long these are good for? Saw some 410cc and started to wonder :smile3:

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I don't actually know, never had issues so just assumed they last as long as the car.

Bigger injectors would need mapping to setup and I assume make no difference until you start getting cams or forced induction?

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for bigger power n/a, there are 710 plus for FI.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
The RDX injectors (410cc) were supposed to have a better spray pattern and mix the fuel and air better...

Do you know what your injector duty cycle is at currently?

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope :smile3: Would a flashpro datalog tell me? If so where would I find it?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
The RDX injectors (410cc) were supposed to have a better spray pattern and mix the fuel and air better...

Heard the same too, think stock are good up to 240-250bhp where they start getting to 90+% duty from what I've seen in the majority of builds threads.

You got my whipping my FP out again now flashy, usually costs me £££ when I do xD

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Just had a look at my last datalog and at 8450rpm the duty % was at 77% dropping to single figures in low revs - does that sound right?

Also noticed on closed loop my secondary o2 sensor is disabled :serious:

·
4,275 Posts
Sounds alreet, mine are 74%

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, my car can whiff a bit when I venture up the rev range. I use V power and know about the cleaners in it etc but wondered if it's worth sticking some injector cleaner in or/and some cataclean? Car can sometimes feel like it is stodgy or rough rather than purring. I wonder if something is split/loose or knackered :frown2:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
You can increase fuel pressure before having to fork out on injectors to squeeze a bit more.

Whats the max power people have got safely on oem injectors with increased fuel pressure ?

Hoping dont need to fork on some myself but ill find out when go for map tweek

·
4,275 Posts
Hmmm, my car can whiff a bit when I venture up the rev range. I use V power and know about the cleaners in it etc but wondered if it's worth sticking some injector cleaner in or/and some cataclean? Car can sometimes feel like it is stodgy or rough rather than purring. I wonder if something is split/loose or knackered :frown2:
You checked the air assist valve?

This can possibly give some roughness if the hoses are buggered and smell of fuel.

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You checked the air assist valve?

This can possibly give some roughness if the hoses are buggered and smell of fuel.
What's the test on that? Could be my task tomorrow lunchtime :wink3:

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Just had a look at my last datalog and at 8450rpm the duty % was at 77% dropping to single figures in low revs - does that sound right?

Also noticed on closed loop my secondary o2 sensor is disabled :serious:
Did you pick 8450 rpm for the limiter in flashpro, or is that just where the injectors are at their highest output?

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you pick 8450 rpm for the limiter in flashpro, or is that just where the injectors are at their highest output?
It's just where I managed to stop the playback :wink3:but it's pretty much the duty % peak.

My rev limiter is at 8600.

·
4,275 Posts
What's the test on that? Could be my task tomorrow lunchtime :wink3:
Think it's mainly look and sniff, maybe fiddle and pinch the hose whilst you're at it.

Best checking it during cold start too.

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think it's mainly look and sniff, maybe fiddle and pinch the hose whilst you're at it.

Best checking it during cold start too.
Just pull the hoses off or unbolt it?

·
4,275 Posts
Just pull the hoses off or unbolt it?
Should just be your usual hose clips, I wouldn't take the valve out as I think it has a thermostat on the end so might end up upsetting something.

·
Enjoying life
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All looked ok when I checked it today. I put a different map on this morning which doesn't run as rich. AF in the 13's instead of the 14's, just feels more smooth.

·
4,275 Posts
All looked ok when I checked it today. I put a different map on this morning which doesn't run as rich. AF in the 13's instead of the 14's, just feels more smooth.
Is that on part throttle or WOT as the ECU should be trying to maintain 14.7 on PT and iirc 12-13's on WOT.

He might be running it a bit rich to be safe and then tune it down until it's just right maybe?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts