2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,

I wonder if stock LSD from CW White Championship does fit to regular FN2's gearboxes. Is it plug&play?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mate, it replaces the standard open differential

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate!! Do u know if is it a rocket science to upgrade a regular gear box of the LSD? Or every single car mechanic can do this job easily even without any experience with gearboxes?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Needs a competent mechanic as a minimum, preferably a transmission tech with access to the correct tools as the box needs to be partially stripped; there are more difficult jobs out there but better err on the side of caution :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted thx! I gonna drop off my gearbox to fix 3rd gear issue anyway. I'll ask to install LSD as well :)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this but I was wondering if anyone knows what make the diff that comes in the cw's is or is it a Honda designed an made diff not a named one like wavetrac or quaife

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this but I was wondering if anyone knows what make the diff that comes in the cw's is or is it a Honda designed an made diff not a named one like wavetrac or quaife
not sure if OEM Honda are a particular brand mate. I know they are less aggressive than aftermarket like wavetrac, mfactory etc so I guess they're entirely different, perhaps manufactured by Honda. I'm also putting a longer FD in mine when I get supercharged. EBay is good for stuff like that if you want a decent price, occasionally they come up on here too. Other LSDs might fit in there, like DC5/JDM EP3 but I am not sure so you'd have tp check on that but it would give you other options presuming you want the LSD part.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Although I see you were after a OEM LSD, Stevie may not be able to get them.

He has access to others tho!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I found out now there is MFactory LSD only. Anyway thanks for the another useful link :) still be looking for OEM one.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I recall the Honda OEM LSD has a functional power (torque) limit that is not that high. Wavetrak have been marketed hard in recent times but I like the good old Quaife I had fitted. Lifetime warranty, fit and forget, its been in my car over 8 years and is still fine. Over 90K miles!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about the prices between a OEM and Quaife? Has someone compared? Im not sure if I gonna use potential of Quaife by using my FN2 on roads only.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
pricey, the aftermarket units I've seen have been cheaper - esp the derv units

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really?! :O I would never have supposed that OEM is more expensive that better performance aftermarket ones. LOL :D Sick honda prices.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts