2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
That would be my car and thank you :)

No I didn't have much luck with work they carried out never do lol but I didn't have pay for the work as I weren't happy so that was good.

Cars changed again since then as fitted a few more things ;)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have the same problem with them, never quite right, you seems to get what ever is least amount of effort off them but like you say as your not paying its not too bad. Loved the look on your car.

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
i rang honda uk about holdcroft! they terrible! nearly killed me in my S2000 by not fitting a washer to the rear diff after the oil change so could have ran dry on my 3000 mile road trip round the alps and then nurburgring! they are toss!!! theyve messed up my civic since ive had it as well

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Yes I have the same problem with them, never quite right, you seems to get what ever is least amount of effort off them but like you say as your not paying its not too bad. Loved the look on your car.
That's exactly right which is a shame as other seem to have good Honda dealers that go the extra mile. If they were better I'd have all my work done there. I did save £250 that day so can't complain too much.

Cheers :) its slowly getting there now but loads left to do! It now has black wheels from when you saw it

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
I took mine in for an issue, they sat bouncing it from the limter from cold for a few seconds, laughed and then did it again.

I was in parts so could hear and partially see everything.

I have an extended warranty so if they have caused damage then its on them regardless.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
i rang honda uk about holdcroft! they terrible! nearly killed me in my S2000 by not fitting a washer to the rear diff after the oil change so could have ran dry on my 3000 mile road trip round the alps and then nurburgring! they are toss!!! theyve messed up my civic since ive had it as well
That's not very good, but I'm not surprised to be fair. I've complained on previous occasions and make it clean when I take car in how particular I am with my car! Generally if I'm paying for work I take it to Stevie at grinspeed as he treats my car as if it's his and very reasonable on price

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I took mine in for an issue, they sat bouncing it from the limter from cold for a few seconds, laughed and then did it again.

I was in parts so could here and partially see everything.

I have an extended warranty so if they have caused damage then its on them regardless.
Before I dropped mine off for paint work I took pics of the car, mileage, average fuel economy etc and told them, so when I picked it up found damage they had done so they had put it right. Then in the end let me off the £250 paint bill due to not being 100% happy

I've got another 12 months extended warranty that I need putting on the car that they offered me from when I had problems when I first brought the car. Hopefully they've caused no damage to your car

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Holdcroft Honda had (have) a pretty good reputation on here. Maybe things have gone downhill recently.
I'm sure they aren't the worse Honda dealer out there and they do have good points but there is alot of areas they could improve on.

Examples of why I aren't happy with them are:-

Serviced my car (25k 2year service) and didn't do valve clearence check and had go else where have it done

Serviced my car (36k 3year service) this time following the service schedule and was really happy until I noticed I had brake fluid leaking over my engine cover :(

Then car went in for paint warranty and front bumper and grill to be painted and when I picked car up they had got over spray all over my gp kit (which was brand new) dent in drivers door, marked front passenger arch, scuffed all under Neath of the front gp kit and car was covered in swirls where they had washed it so car had to go back to be corrected.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have just recently been there for a 25k service, took my own parts which they fitted. They even installed a magnetic sump plug for me.

The funniest part was them calling me up and asking why the aircon wasn't working.......... maybe if they looked inside the car, they woukd realise it has no aircon.

I also have to agree on the fuel economy going down, i took it in with like 41mpg as i drove like a snail lol! Came back to me with 36.6 :-/.

I think i will be taking it elsewhere as crewe is abit far for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I may try another Honda dealer if I need warranty work doing, but for general work like I say I do a 130 mile round trip to grinspeed as I know car gets treated right :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I may try another Honda dealer if I need warranty work doing, but for general work like I say I do a 130 mile round trip to grinspeed as I know car gets treated right :)
No offence, but fewk that! 130mile round trip is abit much for me, i phoned derby and they quoted me 370 and wouldn't install non honda parts.

So i went to holdcroft, i might find somewhere better.

No way am i gonna go to a dealer who refuses to install parts and oil that i purchased.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
No offence, but fewk that! 130mile round trip is abit much for me, i phoned derby and they quoted me 370 and wouldn't install non honda parts.

So i went to holdcroft, i might find somewhere better.

No way am i gonna go to a dealer who refuses to install parts and oil that i purchased.

Haha none taken, price you have pay sometimes if you want the best for your car :) I spend stupid amounts on mine and the car would pass for brand new. Got stopped today at a shop by a bloke and he couldn't believe it was three years old haha

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Haha none taken, price you have pay sometimes if you want the best for your car :) I spend stupid amounts on mine and the car would pass for brand new. Got stopped today at a shop by a bloke and he couldn't believe it was three years old haha
I would only do 100 odd miles if i was doing tuning like super charger or high comp n/a. Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts