2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe some thieving little scrote has had it away with my rear Type R badge?

To make matters worse I think he took it off with a spoon! Fair few scratches where the badge used to be.

Over a tenner for a new one, When I went to collect a replacement from the dealer he said that quite a few people were coming in to get replacements due to thievery lately. Think I'm going to have to get the scratches looked at as well. :(

Just thought I would share my pain.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
What a bunch of losers, it's a shame we can't wire it up so there is a current running to it.

I feel for you mate, it's mystifying to me how the red H badge is just over a tenner but the type-r grill badge is 10 times that though.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
That's awful - little Bxxxxxx's should be shot [smilie=gunhappyyan: hope the scratches aren't tooo bad :(

[QUOTE="Mr JP, post: 295387, member: 2177"]What a bunch of losers, it's a shame we can't wire it up so there is a current running to it.[/quote]

Only if you want a flat battery [smilie=smack.gif]

·
Administrator
21,156 Posts
Maybe it's time to do away with the chromed stick on badges and just have a transfer that can't be lifted off ?

Or even the same stick on style that the rear window i-vtec is.

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
What a bunch of losers, it's a shame we can't wire it up so there is a current running to it.

I feel for you mate, it's mystifying to me how the red H badge is just over a tenner but the type-r grill badge is 10 times that though.
stealers ..........:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Thats terrible

Theres no deterrent against people doing this they should be horse whipped if caught

And don't get me started on stealers just paid £75.00 for a new gear knob

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Maybe it's time to do away with the chromed stick on badges and just have a transfer that can't be lifted off ?

Or even the same stick on style that the rear window i-vtec is.
Or take the badges off yourself,,,I did mine and the back looks much cleaner,,,a case of less is more

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
That's awful - little Bxxxxxx's should be shot [smilie=gunhappyyan: hope the scratches aren't tooo bad :( Only if you want a flat battery [smilie=smack.gif]
Errmmm ... I think he perhaps meant MAINS current !!! ..

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
hey matey, unlucky.. i share the pain, i bought mugen badges for my car...and after parking the car by the gym for only 2 hours...theyd both been had off! ripped off the side of the car..
gutted

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Sorry to hear that! People just don't seem to be able to respect others :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bet its some little chav wanting to put the type R badge on his wall.
I feel your pain mate, i have had badges nicked with my past cars =[
Hope you get a replacement.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Or take the badges off yourself,,,I did mine and the back looks much cleaner,,,a case of less is more
Was gonna suggest same or at least wait a while so the little ***** don't have a pair................

Tom

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
yes less is more , My type R is totally debadged and I think it looks better for it.
Na i disagree, i think the grill badge looks sweeeeeet

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't have been too bothered if they had just stole the badge. I would just have thought fair enough and got over it. But what's really getting to me is the damage they did getting the bloody thing off, I can't just cover it with another badge either as the the scratches extend beyone the edges of the new badge that i've bought, so i'm going to have to have it sorted by chips away or someone. Arrrggghhh.

I don't know if I fancy de-badging my car though.

Don't want people thinking i'm in an S-Type now do I? :)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
CTR snob again eh! And why would they mistake for a jag stype??? Ahhh u mean type s!!!

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I wouldn't have been too bothered if they had just stole the badge. I would just have thought fair enough and got over it. But what's really getting to me is the damage they did getting the bloody thing off, I can't just cover it with another badge either as the the scratches extend beyone the edges of the new badge that i've bought, so i'm going to have to have it sorted by chips away or someone. Arrrggghhh.

I don't know if I fancy de-badging my car though.

Don't want people thinking i'm in an S-Type now do I? :)
Oh dear...another one!!![smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts