2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for info, I have a new Focus. Got it last week in July 2011 and now have 12.5k miles (mostly motorway).

Having just hand washed the car, I was very surprised after 3yrs of Civic ownership to be met with only 2 stonechips !! My Civic was peppered after that mileage.

Anyone else moved on from a Civic and found the paint to be standing up better ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep. Ford's seem to have quite a hard paint. My old Fiesta had next to no stone chips compared to my Civic despite the Fiesta having nearly twice the miles on her. I found it made it quite hard work buffing scratches out though :(

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Just for info, I have a new Focus. Got it last week in July 2011 and now have 12.5k miles (mostly motorway).

Having just hand washed the car, I was very surprised after 3yrs of Civic ownership to be met with only 2 stonechips !! My Civic was peppered after that mileage.

Anyone else moved on from a Civic and found the paint to be standing up better ?
I have 4 in two years on my Octavia
I had 200 on the Civic in the same time period
The wifes Fabia has one

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is an urban myth that European cars have hard paint and Japanese cars have soft paint :confused:

There are :) advantages and :mad: disadvantages to both.

Hard paint can produce a bad chip and soft paint can show scratches from things think an automated car wash. ect

However after 4 years the front of my civic whilst not peppered has probably more than my two golfs over an 8 year period combined :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine had more chips than Harry Ramsdons after 18 months .I had the bonnet resprayed by a mate who is a professional painter and bodyworks man, since then only a couple of chips in the same time.

conclusion, factory paint crap !:(

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Don't even know the mileage on my own car lol, it's got 15.5k on - must have been a typo. So even better, more miles yet the same no. of chips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.