2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a thought. Do you think the increase in stone chips might not be anything to do with paint thinkness etc. But the fact that our roads are falling apart! Seem to me to be getting worse by the day

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
yer , we pay far to much tax for the state of the roads :( worst roads in most of eu i bet.

·
Banned
477 Posts
I advise to apply the transparent PVC protections for the bonnet and mudguards when the car is new. I had it done at Ziebert and I don't regret it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Poor roads + new useless envorenmentally freindy paint = lots of stone chips

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That's what I think. I doubt a few extra microns of paint will make much if any difference. It won't stop scratches, but might reduce the number of scratches or chips that reveal the undercoat.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's what I think. I doubt a few extra microns of paint will make much if any difference. It won't stop scratches, but might reduce the number of scratches or chips that reveal the undercoat.
I got my bonnet repainted under warranty because the paint was deemed too thin and I have gained 2 chips in the last few months vs the 10+ chips in the first few months, so I think it does make a difference.

However, I think the state of the roads and especially the chippings they use a lot these days contributes a lot. All my cars recently seem to have picked up more than their fair share of stone chips.

What really got me was the huge chip I got in my side panel from the truck delivering the chipping doing 60mph on the newly laid stuff

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
A stone or something has hit the back of my car on the boot and instead of chipping the paint it has puckered it, very similar to the effect you would get if you knock wet paint !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts