2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

what is the best way to disguise stone chip marks?

Thinking of respraying it but I'm getting around £600 quote (bumper, front wings, bonnet)

what is the alternatives to limit the look of the stone chips?

I was thinking of getting it clay bar professional done... would it make any difference? and would the car look more fresh overall in the end?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep, respraying a front end 'professionally' is expensive, mainly because it needs to be stripped, preped, painted, polished, refitted + materials and labour.

Your best and most economically option would be a touch-up pen from Honda. Don't use halfords generic pens, they are terrible.

One thing to consider is, all whites, on all cars, have multiple shades of the same color - ford diamond white has over 15 shades - so it might be a good idea to go to an auto paint shop, and get them to match and mix .25L of your specific color.

I do lots of motorway driving and I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Re-sprays aren't cheap, good ones anyway. By good I mean no over-spray or that damn orange peel look.

Alternatives to a re-spray, get it wrapped I'm afraid, thats it really. Or fork out for a re-spray then get it wrapped in that protective clear plastic stuff, also not cheap.

Stone chips are a bitch, light cover ups with a touch up pen are ok but they stand out a mile as the colour never matches 100%

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
If you want to really improve the look of the chips you'll have to fill them with paint and lacquer mix, wet sand it flat, polish it back it up with a dual action polisher and compound and then seal it. However this is quite delicate work so grab a scrap panel from a breakers yard to practice in first so you don't burn through sanding and also get your technique down right

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
^^^^ that man talks sense ^^^^

Problem with CW is it goes creamy over time, so matching the paint will be a nightmare IMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts