2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I had an 07 type s up an till last week, and the paint was rubbish. I now have a nice shiney orchid white pearl ex, stone chip less :/ so today I have just brought it to a place in Cardiff called No more stonechips, its a venture shield company, they are covering the first 3/4 of the bonnet with a clear 3m covering there also doing the wing ends, awaiting on them to finish So I will let you know what the job is like later ;)

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Hi guys, I had an 07 type s up an till last week, and the paint was rubbish. I now have a nice shiney orchid white pearl ex, stone chip less :/ so today I have just brought it to a place in Cardiff called No more stonechips, its a venture shield company, they are covering the first 3/4 of the bonnet with a clear 3m covering there also doing the wing ends, awaiting on them to finish So I will let you know what the job is like later ;)
Just 3/4? Surely you will see the step where the film ends? And if you don't right away that'll be the place that dirt and grime will sit, leaving a dirty brown line on your lovely white paint? Might be interested to see the finished article.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Interesting, let us know how you get on.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well got the car back, and you can't even see it, there is a slight step but hardly noticable, it's clear so paint is showing through, even under sunlight you can't tell as it's still shiney like the paint, and a 10 yr guarantee :)

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
My old man had this done on his car and after a few months and a few waxes there was a noticeable line across the bonnet from build up of wax and so on but that was on a black car and might not show on a white one....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Arent these like cellphone screen covers = they protect but scratch easier?

·
On the sofa
255 Posts
I have a full bonnet wrap and 1/2 wings in ventureshield. Most companies will not do a whole bonnet as the std roll of ventureshield is not wide enough. Those that stock the wider roll are few and far between.

You can't see the line on the wings unless you're really close. So far so good, not a single new mark since I had it done.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just have a hard time believing a seethrough soft plastic is scratch resistant.
Have you inspected it in the sun? Might be alot of small scratches after car wash that cant be polished away like paint.

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
What would something like this cost then? I don't think i would have it done, but wonder what the initial outlay is compared to a respray

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's scratch resistant, you can polish it like paint, if anything happens it's guaranteed for 10 yrs so they must be pretty good, after all it can be taken off so no harm done either way, it cost £120 for wing ends and bonnet, under the sun it looks like the paint, can't see the line at all, the step isn't big at all, I am pleased with it, at the end of the day you hear of civics chipping like mad, it's there to do a job and that's what it's gonna do, forgot to say I'd does not yellow either.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Why dont you wrap the whole bonnet? As all my chips are up near the wipers.....
Think I got the stones that missed your front end.
All my chips are low down and not near the wipers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've have just picked up a 2013 es-t, low miles & was a woman owner previously, but I have 'lots' of stone chips on the lower half of the bonnet and the bonnet edge, I am definitely looking to get it resprayed soon, but I'm interested in this, or a wrap,

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Why dont you wrap the whole bonnet? As all my chips are up near the wipers.....
It's true; Spotless first 1000 Miles, then I had a chip right on the sharp edge of the bonnet, where the angle levels off towards the wipers.
Was suprised to see one that far back, and it went right down to primer!
[smilie=crying.gif]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've used the film on an 8th Gen and two 9th Gen Civic's, full bonnet, full front bumper and top of the wings. The film does show where large stones have impacted but the paint looks absolutely fine underneath. Really helps when it comes to trade in time - current Civic has done 29,000 miles and it will look like new on the forecourt. Already lined up having the film added to my 10th Gen when it arrives in August.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts