2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was taking my car out the other day, when i back off the drive it made a bang as i dropped off the low kerb, then every bump i went over in the next few hundred yards made the same bang, i stopped and checked the car over i couldn't see anything then i turned the car round and when i braked it made a very loud bang. i took it to honda, they told me it was probably a stone in the spring, it hasn't done it since.

I have taken it to honda a few times in the past for noises when you go over bumps etc and every time i get told its stones in the springs. Has anyone else had this problem? is it a design fault or is the dealer feeding me a load of crap??

Liz xxx

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
thats gotta hurt

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
your stones stuck in the springs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, i was taking my car out the other day, when i back off the drive it made a bang as i dropped off the low kerb, then every bump i went over in the next few hundred yards made the same bang, i stopped and checked the car over i couldn't see anything then i turned the car round and when i braked it made a very loud bang. i took it to honda, they told me it was probably a stone in the spring, it hasn't done it since.

I have taken it to honda a few times in the past for noises when you go over bumps etc and every time i get told its stones in the springs. Has anyone else had this problem? is it a design fault or is the dealer feeding me a load of crap??

Liz xxx
i have a similar problem,but only when reversing off my steep drive when the car is cold,its more of a bang and creek from rear drivers side,all the way untill i get off the drive onto the level surface,it went into sb honda in wakefield and they said they couldnt make it do it or find any probs in the area,as i explained again its only on the incline when the car has not been used, so they said leave it with use.then the next day iu collected the car and they said they had spun the rear springs round into a different location,all was well for 2 week,but yet the problem has come back

·
Registered
73 Posts
get the same problem coming off my drive which is steep.
Not bothered about it , but my car an ex 2.2 does make an huge amount of rattly noises for a car thats done 18K (5k in 2 months eek)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts