2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of months the stop start failed to work on my 2016 HR-V, even after a 600 mile return trip that gave the battery a good charge.
My dealer changed the battery but this did not solve it so after consulting Honda the ECU was replaced. Expensive exercise but it cured the fault. I appear to be getting a better mpg as well.
All done quickly by the dealer (and under warranty of course).

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
When I'm on foot standing at traffic lights waiting to cross and they change to green I often hear up to half a dozen starter motors kicking in.

It makes me wonder whether the starter motor / flywheel / battery will last anywhere near as long as non stop start.

Depending which component it could be costly and wipe out any fuel saving cost?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is there an option to turn off the stop / start on the HRV? Just wondering because recently hired a car with this option.

Kev

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there an option to turn off the stop / start on the HRV? Just wondering because recently hired a car with this option.

Kev
Yes there is. The on/off button is in front of the gear stick. When its off it should show on the rev counter dial with an amber icon.

·
Super Moderator
2,387 Posts
im also in the belief that stop/start is all about eu emission levels rather than anything else
i was always told the most uneconomical part of a engine cycle was start up
think if i get a car with it on ill be turnning off if possible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts