2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently had to jumpstart my daughter's car, and the stop/start function on my 2014 1.4vtec has stopped working - is there any easy fix?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Would have still drawn on his battery; They seem to be fairly sensitive to any voltage drops:- The only time mine ever wants to actually stop / start is when I've got AC off after extended driving.

Is there any specific icon on the I-Mid that gives a clue as to why it didn't activate?
Usually, it is either battery, AC (Demisters), or Just doesn't feel like it right now

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is there any specific icon on the I-Mid that gives a clue as to why it didn't activate?
Usually, it is either battery, AC (Demisters), or Just doesn't feel like it right now

It will show the idlestop icon (A with circular arrow) crossed through with either thermometer (engine temp is too low or high) or A/C (Autoclimate is in use and the temperature difference between cabin and set temperature is too) or battery (battery charge level is below threshold)

These warning can be turned off in the I-MID, then you will just see the green idlestop light when it stops, which will flash if the climate control concern occurs during idlestop and there is risk of windows fogging.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi everyone, I recently had to jumpstart my daughter's car, and the stop/start function on my 2014 1.4vtec has stopped working - is there any easy fix?

Thanks in advance
If it would not idle stop during your journey just after you opened the bonnet and started the engine to jumpstart the other car, then it will be reactivated following another ignition cycle, that's in the system settings.

You don't say if you are getting any idle-stop warnings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies - yes I get the "battery not charging enough" light - like one of the other posters, this happens on and off anyway, but usually sorts itself out after a day or so, but this has been going on for a couple of weeks now

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for all the replies - yes I get the "battery not charging enough" light - like one of the other posters, this happens on and off anyway, but usually sorts itself out after a day or so, but this has been going on for a couple of weeks now
Have you tested the voltage of your battery? It may be just under the threshold and simply needs a charge. If you have a compatible charger, it wouldn't hurt to give it a charge and see if that solves the problem.

I have heard of others with seemingly fine batteries where it doesn't like to do auto idle stop. I'm pretty sure I've read on here that some people disconnect their negative terminal for a few seconds and connect it again and this would reset it and it would be fine for a while after. It is quite a sensitive system from what I've read.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank for that, I'll give them both a try - I just want to avoid it being flagged up as a fault come trade-in time ?

·
4,165 Posts
My 10G was doing the same and not auto stopping (battery warning indication). Today I disconnected the neg terminal of the battery and I actually had it disconnected for about an hour as I had something else to do, but 10 mins has been mentioned elsewhere.
After doing that and the initial car warm up with various warning lights resetting and an ignition off/on cycle (post #7), the auto stop worked just fine and dandy. Time will tell if it's a long term fix though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts