2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacement rotors and fast road pads for the Civic Type R FN2 (also available for EP3)

Front 300mm replacement discs, coated and vented £240.00 inc VAT (pair)
Rear replacement discs, coated and solid £120.00 inc VAT (pair)

Stoptech Fast Road front pads £55.00 inc VAT

We've just had a big order in from our good friends from across the pond, so give me a call now and upgrade your OE brakes to Stoptech rotors and Fast Road pads.

Rich

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Do they do a larger diameter kit, something like 325-330mm?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Powerslot used to do the bigger disc upgrade with caliper spacers, but they stopped doing those kits due to parts supply.

The only upgrade to larger diameter discs available now are the big brake upgrades or the Stoptech touring kit. Both of these are much more expensive but are a complete overhaul of calipers, hoses, rotors etc and give a massive improvement over standard. Far surpassing any types of upgrade discs and pads.

It all depends on pocket depth i guess, as so many things do.

Rich

·
**R-0571**
251 Posts
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade discs and pads on my 2010 CW FN2 but I notice you don't mention rear pads for the Stoptech discs.
Do you have them or if not what would you recommend to replace them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Replacement rotors and fast road pads for the Civic Type R FN2 (also available for EP3)

Rear replaceent discs, coated and solid £120.00 inc VAT (pair)

We've just had a big order in from our good friends from across the pond, so give me a call now and upgrade your OE brakes to Stoptech rotors and Fast Road pads.

Rich
Hi im looking for stoptechs to upgrade my 2010 fn2 type-r just confirming theses are a straight swap for my car oem and the pads (stoptech) are they as good as Ferodo 2500 in your opinion? do you have rear pads availible as isnt stated and how much for front and back pads and discs delivered Cheers mate.:)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to confirm these are for the slotted versions as per the above pic?
Yes, slotted as pictured above. They have coated centres and edges too so they don't get surface corrosion as easily and look better for longer.

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade discs and pads on my 2010 CW FN2 but I notice you don't mention rear pads for the Stoptech discs.
Sorry, the picture is misleading as i took it for the Type R forum, which also covers the EP3's. Stoptech don't currently do any rear pads for the FN2. I would advise using something like a RedStuff pad in the rear to match.

I carry Redstuff rears in stock @ £54.00 inc VAT.

Hi im looking for stoptechs to upgrade my 2010 fn2 type-r just confirming theses are a straight swap for my car oem and the pads (stoptech) are they as good as Ferodo 2500 in your opinion? do you have rear pads availible as isnt stated and how much for front and back pads and discs delivered Cheers mate.:)
The above discs and pads are a straight swap for your current OEM setup. The DS2500's are a very different pad when compared to the StopTechs, in design and compound. The Ferodo's are a much harder compound and are quiet aggresive. They have a good cold bite, like the Stoptechs but are better suited for harder road use or trackdays. The harder compund lends itself to prolonged use, where as if you used the Stoptechs in the same way they would fade quicker and eventually be useless. For purely fast road use though, and price-wise the Stoptechs are a great pad.

Can you PM me your address so i can sort a delivery price for you?

Cheers,

Rich

·
**R-0571**
251 Posts
Hi,
Could you please PM a price including delivery for Stoptech front and rear discs, Stoptech front pads & EBC redstuff rear pads for my FN2.
Postcode KY12 8QQ.

·
Mugen wannabe
2,056 Posts
Hi rich Could you please PM a price including delivery for Stoptech front and rear discs, Stoptech front pads & EBC redstuff rear pads for my FN2.

sent from my fisher price 2

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I am thinking to get a front set of these pads to use them with my DBA 4000 front discs,and another one for my brother's EP3 which uses plain Brembos.Firstly I wanted to go for streetmasters for me and for redstuff for my brother,but I decided to give stoptechs a try.What's your opinion?Also what yould be the total price for 2 sets including shipping to Greece?

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Hi Chris, just wondering how much altogether delivered for the front pads?
Cheers

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi rich Could you please PM a price including delivery for Stoptech front and rear discs, Stoptech front pads & EBC redstuff rear pads for my FN2.

PM'd ;)

sent from my fisher price 2
I am thinking to get a front set of these pads to use them with my DBA 4000 front discs,and another one for my brother's EP3 which uses plain Brembos.Firstly I wanted to go for streetmasters for me and for redstuff for my brother,but I decided to give stoptechs a try.What's your opinion?Also what yould be the total price for 2 sets including shipping to Greece?
Both Civic's have the standard caliper setup? The pads are perfect for use on the road and have a good bite from cold. I wouldn't recommend them for track use, as the compound isn't hard enough and they would fade quite quickly.

If you can PM me your address, i can do a quote on shipping two sets of pads.

Hi Chris, just wondering how much altogether delivered for the front pads?
Cheers
Front pads are only £49.00 inc VAT and shipping is just £10.00 mainland UK. It is a similar price through Royal Mail, but you would see them next day from us through UPS.

Rich

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Both Civics,mine and my brother's,have Type-r's front brake set up with 300mm discs.For my brother I plan to use these pads either with Brembo plain discs or with DBA street series discs.For my car I plan to store them until I decide the discs that I will use them with.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both Civics,mine and my brother's,have Type-r's front brake set up with 300mm discs.For my brother I plan to use these pads either with Brembo plain discs or with DBA street series discs.For my car I plan to store them until I decide the discs that I will use them with.
I have PM'd you with a shipping price for both sets of pads.

Let me know what you think :cool:

Rich

·
**R-0571**
251 Posts
Could you please PM a price including delivery for Stoptech front and rear discs, Stoptech front pads & EBC redstuff rear pads for my FN2.
Postcode KY12 8QQ.
Hi Rich,
Brake parts arrived this morning.
Thank's for the great service.
Door to door in under 12 hours & I'm in Fife, Scotland.
All I have to do now is fit them.
Thank's again.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Rich,
Brake parts arrived this morning.
Thank's for the great service.
Door to door in under 12 hours & I'm in Fife, Scotland.
All I have to do now is fit them.
Thank's again.
Hi Frank, i'm glad you've got them. No problem, thank you. And yeah, that is quick, even for UPS!

Once they're on, take some pics and let me know what you think. I'm sure you'll be happy with them, they're a great setup for the money.

All the best,

Rich

·
Registered
86 Posts

Rear replacement discs, coated and solid £120.00 inc VAT (pair)

Rich
Great service all kit arrived good time and great after care advice cheers lads[smilie=hellyeah.gi:

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hi Rich,
A quick question... how much would fitting be with you guys for the stoptech front discs and pads?
I'm booked in with you guys on this Saturday morning... just wondering if it would be possible to have these done at the same time as the FRS and my springs being fitted!

Cheers in advance for your help,
Sam

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Rich,
A quick question... how much would fitting be with you guys for the stoptech front discs and pads?
I'm booked in with you guys on this Saturday morning... just wondering if it would be possible to have these done at the same time as the FRS and my springs being fitted!

Cheers in advance for your help,
Sam
Hi Sam,

Fitting for the discs and pads, including VAT is just £82.50. I've got just about enough time this Saturday to put them, on if you let me know asap.

They're a great upgrade from standard, and look good too with the painted centres on the discs and the grooves.

Let me know on here if you fancy them, i'll put a front set to one side if you want them.

Rich

1 - 20 of 90 Posts