2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Stoptech touring kit has been proven to be very popular ever since we announced it a couple of years ago. The entry level kit from our American counterparts is miles better than any disc and pad compound upgrade. It's large 4 pot caliper in red looks as good as it stops and i've just had 5 more kits arrive in today!

This entry level 4 pot upgrade kit comprises of:

300mm grooved directional brake discs
Stoptech red 4-pot brake calipers
Stoptech stainless braided front brake hoses
Stoptech fast road front brake pads
All brackets / bolts needed to fit with no modifications

£950.00 inc vat for everything!

Export for S.Africa, Australia, Singapore etc exc. VAT cost is £792

please note: you may require spacers depending on wheel / offset etc

These kits sell quick so please call to order, or book in to have one fitted and ask for Rich. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Obviously the disc is smaller than the Stoptech BBK but what about the calliper size, what is the difference there ?

Any pics of the touring kit fitted anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
sorry to bump this thread but does anyone know if this will fit 17" 45offset 7.5 rotas or will it need spacers?

ABP -seen on another site that they are available in blue. Do you have them in blue?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to bump this thread but does anyone know if this will fit 17" 45offset 7.5 rotas or will it need spacers?

ABP -seen on another site that they are available in blue. Do you have them in blue?
The offset on the rotas will be tight, it depends on the spoke style. I think you'll need a small spacer as these calipers actually sit further out than the 328mm Big Brake Kit we offer, due to the single piece discs in this kit. We had the BBK on our FN2 and they cleared with a 40 offset.

I can do the kit with blue calipers but i don't keep them in stock in that colour so it would be a special order from the US, taking a couple of weeks at the soonest. Carriage from Stoptech would be an extra £100.00 on top of the kit price to get them sooner, unless you can wait for our next stock order which would be towards the end of this year. I'm sure they have a special colour surcharge as well but i can't remember how much. The kit would also be at their higher retail price as all their prices are going up slightly now, by around 7%. So all in all, they would be more expensive than the standard red kit.

If you're keen on having them in blue, you'll have to let me know but the kit would be around £1200.00 plus the surcharge for a different colour.

Hope this helps,

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
thanks for letting me know. Just bought the alloys and tyres and GP kit and all so out of pocket till end of this year anyway. Just wanted to know so i can get a mind set on prices.
how much was the BBK? Have you got a link so i could have a look at them?
cheers

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks for letting me know. Just bought the alloys and tyres and GP kit and all so out of pocket till end of this year anyway. Just wanted to know so i can get a mind set on prices.
how much was the BBK? Have you got a link so i could have a look at them?
cheers
Here's a link for the BBK, also currently in stock @ £1550.00 inc VAT

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/abp-motorsport/25715-stoptech-big-brake-kit-abp-motorsport.html

Let me know when you are ready, nearer the time and i'll do my best to help and get something sorted :cool: Enjoy your new purchases!

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
thanks, would the alloys fit around these as the other set is only 300mm with the bbk set the caliper is longer rather than wider isit?
have to start saving lol, how much would labor be? And id go with the rear brake lines aswell as it be pointless if i go all out on front a leave the rears

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, would the alloys fit around these as the other set is only 300mm with the bbk set the caliper is longer rather than wider isit?
have to start saving lol, how much would labor be? And id go with the rear brake lines aswell as it be pointless if i go all out on front a leave the rears
The BBK fits behind 17" wheels with the correct offset, or spacers and the caliper sits shallower than the touring kit giving more chance of the rotors clearing.

Labour to fit the kit and a full set of braided lines would be £288.00 inc VAT and brakefluid. You would have a spare set of front lines if you buy a line kit and a brake kit as the brake kits we do come with front braided lines.

Hope this all makes sense.

Rich

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
How much extra work and kit is required to get this kit to fit the 1.8 and 2.2 engined cars? And are you able to undertake that said work?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much extra work and kit is required to get this kit to fit the 1.8 and 2.2 engined cars? And are you able to undertake that said work?
They are a direct fit, so no 'extra' work is required at all.

Fitting this kit to any 8th Gen Civic takes around 3 hours including doing the braided lines.

Hope this helps,

Rich

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BUMP for reduced cost on the touring kits.

New stock has just arrived from over the pond, even taking into account the price increase we can still offer this amazing kit at just £950.00 inc VAT.

A great looking kit at a fantastic price, I'm sure you'll agree!

Get in touch before they're all gone :cool:

Rich

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Cant make my mind up on these or the bbk kit.Theres not enough reviews on the touring kit.I did come across one and the guy said there was hardly any improvement bar in the looks department.

I dont do track days so im leaning towards the touring kit because of the price compared to the bbk.But in saying that i dont want to waste my money with the touring kit if its not a vast improvement over oem.Id sooner save up the extra £££ for the bbk.

If anyone can give some extra info on the touring kit that would be great?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts