2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I seem to have an issue at the moment with my aircon/heater vents being blocked, but only when I've been driving around for some time. I drive a 2007 plate Civic, 1.8.

When I first start the car I can turn the blower on and it'll flow through the vents fine, all warms up ok as it should. But after a while I seem to gradually get less and less airflow, even when I put the power up to full whack.

I did a 4 hour drive last weekend and for the last two hours I had the heat and power on maximum, could hear the fans going but hardly anything was coming out of any of the vents. I tried all the different modes, aircon on/off, different temperatures etc. but didn't make a difference. When it's working properly there's no way I could stand full heat and power without melting, so there's definitely something wrong!

I could do with getting this sorted ASAP as I don't fancy getting stuck with a window that can't be cleared mid-drive.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Administrator
17,938 Posts
It really is. Was serviced probably about a year ago.
Okay, so was the pollen filter replaced during the last service?

I suggest you pop it out to check.

It might never have been changed, be clogged, the door not fitted correctly, etc.

You could even leave it out for a day or so and test the vents/blower ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup Ice forming on your Air Con radiator is blocking air from coming in. Only fix is to turn off the air con for 15 mins to let the ice melt.
Did anyone solve this problem?
Whitch part cause icing on evaporator? Some sensor, relay or something else?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update on this:

I took my car into Honda last week for an aircon regas, and whilst I was there I asked them about the above issues I've been having.

They said a code came up on the scanner, which indicated a fault with the blower motor - they suggested getting this replaced would fix the blocked issue with no mention of ice forming on the aircon radiator as being the cause. They then suggested that long term I should look at replacing the compressor as "it is on it's way out". All for £1,300!!!! No thank you. I don't believe the blower motor replacement would solve the issue as you've kindly suggested above - the blower works absolutely fine as I can hear it.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
What may be the problem is your aircon water drain pipe may be partially blocked, this should be kept clear otherwise water build up will occur and ice will start to form.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts