2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a strange noise coming from the n/s/f when turning. Sounds like something rubbing. Possibly a dry boot or something?? It's getting louder, and doesn't do it when the car is off the ground. Anyone had the same or got and ideas? It's a real odd one!

Cheers in advance! ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it sounds like it's from the top of the n/s spring area. Do you know if it was a big job to do? Mines out of warranty now

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
It was a known fault, as long as you have kept up your service they may fix it foc for you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's got a full Honda service history and it's just hit 60k. Booked in for another service next week actually so I'll ask the question. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Mines an 08 mate and had exactly the same problem just recently. Due to it being a known fault, Honda sorted it out free of charge. My dealership warranty was still valid though, but worth asking them just incase mate. Its the strut top mount if I remember rightly.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I had this recently too on my '07. the noise was there for two days, asked them to check it out when the car went in for an MOT and when I got the car back they said they couldn't hear anything and the sound had miraculously disappeared. 4 months later and still no sign...

Keep the thread updated with how you get on :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Right, so I had the car in for service with Honda yesterday and asked for their advice on the noise I've been getting. They are telling me that the noise is coming from the steering rack itself. The only way to get rid of it is to replace the rack. £1750! Looks like I'll have to live with it for now...

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
I smell BS on their behalf. But obviously without hearing it I don't know... May be worth getting another dealership to check it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
That's probably the most expensive steering related item. Honda are basically trying it on.

Right, so I had the car in for service with Honda yesterday and asked for their advice on the noise I've been getting. They are telling me that the noise is coming from the steering rack itself. The only way to get rid of it is to replace the rack. £1750! Looks like I'll have to live with it for now...

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Possibly spring bind, currently what i'm suffering with makes a creaking twanging noise when steering. I'd get a second opinion and maybe look at top mounts, sounds like there trying to make up lost money

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Sounds like it could be the interface between the 2 parts of the friont subframe, i had this a few years back and found it to be a known problem so found the service bulletin and fixed it myself.
If you search the web for "honda service bulletin HUK000000001136" you will find the actual handa document on how the do a step by step fix.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
as above buddy, book her into another Honda dealer and get a 2nd opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi mate, I've recently detected a creaking noise similar to yours. What happened in the end? Did you replace the top mounts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts