2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PSN ID: OneManTagTeam
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear driver's side passenger door locks & unlocks using the buttons on the key fob. It opens from the outside using the handles, however, it won't open from the inside...

I thought the child lock was on but the other doors open fine from the inside, just not this one though.

Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong wit it?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
My rear driver's side passenger door locks & unlocks using the buttons on the key fob. It opens from the outside using the handles, however, it won't open from the inside...

I thought the child lock was on but the other doors open fine from the inside, just not this one though.

Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong wit it?
The child locks are individual per door, have you check that it is not activated?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I agree with FWH, there is either a keyu hole or a switch on edge of the rear doors (when you open the door it will probably be on the lower half). This can then be switched back. I woul check for you on mine but it doesn't have any rear doors :D LOL

ATB,
Tom

Reactions: markygfaebburn

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that was the problem, thanks everyone! i thought the button on my door was the child lock, didnt realise there was individul ones. Mustve been like that when i bought it, not had anyone sitting there since i got it, I only noticed when i sat in the back to peel the tape off my new door garnish as it was too cold outside, i started panicing! lol

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
that was the problem, thanks everyone! i thought the button on my door was the child lock, didnt realise there was individul ones. Mustve been like that when i bought it, not had anyone sitting there since i got it, I only noticed when i sat in the back to peel the tape off my new door garnish as it was too cold outside, i started panicing! lol
Do you mean the button on the inside of the drivers door?
That is just for the windows.

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you mean the button on the inside of the drivers door?
That is just for the windows.
I thought one was for the windows & one locked all the doors so you didnt get GTA'd!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I thought one was for the windows & one locked all the doors so you didnt get GTA'd!
Right!

Yes, there is a door lock also which makes sure you don't get GTAd (or should that be PGAd now....)

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Possible stupid question alert - What is GTA'd?!

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grand Theft Auto'd: basically carjacked like in the computer game lol

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Grand Theft Auto'd: basically carjacked like in the computer game lol
It's that game were you drive like crazy, do dirty things with ladies, avoid the police and assault people with various weapons. Bit like PGA Tour 2009 really.... ;)

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Hahahaha thanks for the clarification although I would leave doing dirty things with ladies :) (I do get the joke before anyone corrects)!

Ahh such a girlie question to ask!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Hahahaha thanks for the clarification although I would leave doing dirty things with ladies :) (I do get the joke before anyone corrects)!

Ahh such a girlie question to ask!
Don't, cos' if you kill them then you get your money back... one of the most important lessons I will one day teach my son.....

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Joke stolen from Hartside...
BTW, do you think the reason he hit both a tree and a fire hydrant was he couldn't choose between a wood and an iron without his caddy's help?

Tom

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Don't, cos' if you kill them then you get your money back... one of the most important lessons I will one day teach my son.....

Tom
...and your health is still improved.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
...and your health is still improved.
LOL... just had a thought, do you think Jack and Peters fathers both taught them the same lesson?

Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts