2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I was wandering if any of you guys could help me.

I got some led rear bulbs to replace my rear standard bulbs and ever since then I've had a strange code arrived on the little speedo display unit thingy Bob!

Any help or knowledge on what it is? It's baffled me and I can't get anything off of google for it :/

Let me know if the picture doesn't work as my Tapatalk is acting up and I'm doing this on my phone browser!

Cheers in advance peeps!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply buddy, I'm assuming that installing the different bulbs wouldn't have set it off?
Or just pure bad luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Youve probably got a blown fuse that feeds the fuel pump, which in turn feeds the injectors. Maybe you've had a bad ground and created a short and fried a fuse

·
Registered
92 Posts
Civic 5 door Manual suggests turn off engine - then turn on and try at least 3 times intervals of approx. 30 secs - then watch display if comes back get it checked out and don't drive hard

But that for petrol I think as for diesel it says may come on if you ran out of fuel

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Youve probably got a blown fuse that feeds the fuel pump, which in turn feeds the injectors. Maybe you've had a bad ground and created a short and fried a fuse

Cheers buddy I shall see if I can find a sheltered spot and see what I can find!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Civic 5 door Manual suggests turn off engine - then turn on and try at least 3 times intervals of approx. 30 secs - then watch display if comes back get it checked out and don't drive hard

But that for petrol I think as for diesel it says may come on if you ran out of fuel

Yeah I saw that mate but doesn't seem to work on mine!
The derv has near enough a full tank of derv!

·
Administrator
17,932 Posts
Duff bulbs, are they the correct type? - not canbus.

I had this when installing LED brake lights that weren't correct, the dash error is somewhat miss leading!

Do the new LED bulbs work properly?

Revert the bulbs back, clear the error and retest the ignition.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duff bulbs, are they the correct type? - not canbus.

I had this when installing LED brake lights that weren't correct, the dash error is somewhat miss leading!

Do the new LED bulbs work properly?

Revert the bulbs back, clear the error and retest the ignition.

Cheers for the advice bud!
JP sent them to me for a replacement of knackered Headlight bulbs so I would assume that they're grand and correct!
That's what I thought it's bloody hammering down atm so can't get outside to change them as I have no shelter!
Bulbs work correctly though.

Cheers for the help as usual bud

·
Administrator
17,932 Posts
Cheers for the advice bud!
JP sent them to me for a replacement of knackered Headlight bulbs so I would assume that they're grand and correct!
That's what I thought it's bloody hammering down atm so can't get outside to change them as I have no shelter!
Bulbs work correctly though.

Cheers for the help as usual bud
Maybe you are using the set I returned to JP! :p In his defense, he only sent them as he'd run out of stock and thought they might be okay. The bad and good type of LED's look near identical, which ain't helpful at all.

Interesting that your bulbs are working, re-reading my PM's I had an odd light sequence (center brake light lit after turning on sides). So maybe you do need to check fuses?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,787 Posts
The 2.2 has a mechanical pump... no fuse!

Try putting the old bulbs back in.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe you are using the set I returned to JP! :p In his defense, he only sent them as he'd run out of stock and thought they might be okay. The bad and good type of LED's look near identical, which ain't helpful at all.

Interesting that your bulbs are working, re-reading my PM's I had an odd light sequence (center brake light lit after turning on sides). So maybe you do need to check fuses?

My centre brake light lights up too! Gonna revert to the old bulbs then check the fuses. Cheers peeps!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right guys, I checked all relevant fuses and they're all fine, replaced bulbs and that. But the sign is still on :/ Any other ideas guys?

I tried resetting the battery but it came straight back on :(

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
See fault code on display. In wiki you'll find how to enter diag mode. Write codes down so we can see what can be.

Leds couldn't really do this even if wrong type and civic doesn't have can-bus on blubs.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a code from an OBD reader which was PO504 which on a Google search says brake correlation? Any of you able to convert that to English please as I haven't a scooby doo lol

Cheers for the help guys

·
Administrator
17,932 Posts
I got a code from an OBD reader which was PO504 which on a Google search says brake correlation? Any of you able to convert that to English please as I haven't a scooby doo lol

Cheers for the help guys
Symptoms, etc here http://www.obd-codes.com/p0504

Anything sound familiar?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Symptoms, etc here http://www.obd-codes.com/p0504

Anything sound familiar?

Mate you bloody star. Since I put those bulbs in and taking them out the brake lights have failed to switch on properly!
I'm assuming there is some fuse or something for it?

Cheers bud

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
This should be checked via HDS since it'll be much easier.

But you can check fuse 21 (horn) 15A and short pin 2 on brake pedal connector to ground to see if brakenlights work. If it fails after ahort and fuse change then you have open wire from ECM pin A40 to fuse 21

1 - 20 of 23 Posts