2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like something is 'catching' the wheel though no lock up happened. The feel is similar to tire rubbing while turning, steering becomes heavy temporarily and then back to normal. Very apparent on 90deg turns.

No marks on the tires and fenders, plus car just got alignment sorted out so tire rubbing is ruled out. I wonder what is the cause for this.. EPS? drive shaft? :confused: or wheel bearing?

'08 GT

Update: Check the CV joints, no residue spotted and boots seem fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no humming.. got it checked yesterday. no noises from the axle. the mechanic readjusted the caliper piston and pushed the shields away from the discs. the caliper seals dont look too good so might need to be replaced.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Replaced the front right wheel bearing a few days ago.. but problem not solved :(
CV boot still good. I'm really baffled now :confused:

oh yeah.. the VSA light blinks whenever the grinding occurs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine's in the garage at the moment with the same issue, will update later on what they find.

UPDATE: Turns out the backplate was rubbing against the disc, had the same problem on my back wheel recently as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the front right wheel bearing a few days ago.. but problem not solved :(
CV boot still good. I'm really baffled now :confused:

oh yeah.. the VSA light blinks whenever the grinding occurs.
problem still occurring once in a while.. upon closer look its the triangle with exclamation symbol (ABS?) light is blinking when it happens.. not the VSA light.. :confused:

i do hope it's not due to a faulty sensor..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
changed front tires but problem still occurring :facepalm:
drop links are new too.. bearing changed earlier.. really baffled now.
i do hope its not the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts