2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UK 2006 1.8 Honda Civic ES and a noise from the exhuast has been starting to annoy me recently. When i start the engine and put the heater on a weird gurgerling noise comes from the exhuast which seems to get louder. Ive never had a problem like this with other cars ive owned, so i wanted to know everyones opinion on it. I took it to a local honda service place and they told me that it occurs when the car drops revs when the aircon is on and thats the reason for the noise but i think theres more to it. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that aswell but the honda engineer said he checked the exhaust and it was in perfect order

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the response "Woette". Thats sounds great but i was just confused on the fact that some times the noise can be quite loud. The fact that it is loud would that make a difference? or is your car exactly the same?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
thanks for the response "Woette". Thats sounds great but i was just confused on the fact that some times the noise can be quite loud. The fact that it is loud would that make a difference? or is your car exactly the same?
My understanding is that the colder the engine, the louder the noise.
The gurgling is just the sound off the revs dropping below idle so the engine struggles to stay on. When idling i find that the civic is very sensitive for changes in the battery load which in its turn puts slight stress on the engine (spark plugs?) but nothing to worry about. I call it another characteristic of the car.
The civic IS a very characterfull car, good and bad :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
our civic makes all sorts of noises from the exhaust and more so when the air-con is on. My old peugeot was the same, but it may be louder in the civic and possibly empahises by the fact that the exhaust spilts into two near the back of the car.

I dont think you have anything wrong with your car.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Any difference in temperature, humidity, battery load, etc etc will have an effect on the engine. As far as I can tell, it may have something to do with the fact that there are two exhausts and the sound may be reverberating through the system when you hear the gurgling?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The cabin air vent is in the boot behind the tool pocket. I find the flaps on the vent seem to make a noise when the rev's are falling, just before they reach idle.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello,

completely new to the forum. I just bought a used honda civic type s 2009 with 35000kms.

Checked it at the authorised local dealer and it is in perfect shape.

Yesterday while idling and using the A/C I heard a strange noise coming only from the left exhaust.

I also took a video

You can notice that exhaust gases are only coming from the right exhaust and that water vapors formulate.

The noise is almost eliminated when the A/C is off.

Is this normal?

Thank you

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
That does sound very iritating and raspy.

Did the noise go away when air con was off? Also did it go away once the car was warm?

Also... welcome :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
That does sound very iritating and raspy.

Did the noise go away when air con was off? Also did it go away once the car was warm?

Also... welcome :)
The noise is worse when car is cold. When its warmer the noise is quiter but you can definitely hear it in the video.

It is almost (but not completely) eliminated when AC is off

·
drives a shed now
1,430 Posts
The noise is worse when car is cold. When its warmer the noise is quiter but you can definitely hear it in the video.

It is almost (but not completely) eliminated when AC is off
Mines the same, been on/off for over a year with no bad effects. Even passed MOT a month ago.
Personally not been an issue so far

1 - 20 of 20 Posts