2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,I have a strange knocking sound or creaking coming from the front when turning slowly my clutch pedal has always creaked a bit but ive never had this sound .Ive recently had 15mm eibach springs fitted and 15 mm spacers all round could it have anything to do with that ?

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens when turning the wheel and moving slowly ,the steering feels fine in the bends ? it happens when turning the whhel reversing slowly .

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Has it only just started today or has it been doing it a while now? Could be the heat making things expand.

If it's a creaking sound it could be a number of things:
- Shocks going dry (the rears on the Civics are known for this)
- Drop links on their way out (could be early signs)
- Front control arm bush

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Creaky clutch is your master cylinder known fault its fixed under warranty even if yours is out of warranty. Knock from front when turning slow is probably loose subframe (just had mine done same symptoms as you) it's another known fault with Honda and will be fixed for free. So book it in.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Creaky clutch is your master cylinder known fault its fixed under warranty even if yours is out of warranty. Knock from front when turning slow is probably loose subframe (just had mine done same symptoms as you) it's another known fault with Honda and will be fixed for free. So book it in.
Spoon rigid collar kit should stop that happening again, all the dealer will have done is tightened or replaced bolts.

This is gonna be my next purchase, anyone know where the cheapest place for these are??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your all your help

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
could it be springs settling in its only happend since having spacers and frs done .

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
I was getting like a slight knock/kick when doing a park so was turning slow it usually happened near full lock, took it in for a check over before my holiday and they found the subframe was loose so tightened it up and i have had no knock/kick since and as it's a known fault i would say this could be your problem.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was getting like a slight knock/kick when doing a park so was turning slow it usually happened near full lock, took it in for a check over before my holiday and they found the subframe was loose so tightened it up and i have had no knock/kick since and as it's a known fault i would say this could be your problem.
ok thanks i will call honda monday .:)

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
They will only re-grease it and tighten it up but i would ask if it would be done for free as i've read some having it done for free and others having to pay.

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
As the others have suggested I would get your subframe checked 1st as thats a quick one and it might solve the creaking. Had my subframe tightened last year nothing to worry about and it sorted out my car creaking in the morning but not my knees they still creak ;)

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As the others have suggested I would get your subframe checked 1st as thats a quick one and it might solve the creaking. Had my subframe tightened last year nothing to worry about and it sorted out my car creaking in the morning but not my knees they still creak ;)
Thanks for the advice sounds like a common problem.taking it to honda today .

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
problem solved it turns out one of my camber bolts was not done up tight enough .Thanks for all the advice .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts