2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Got this strange message on i-Mid today:

It shows on imid all the time (while driving/stop and even when your ignition is off, as you can see on picture above). Does someone knows what it is about? I've tried to turn on extended notification information, but no more details unfortunately, only that strange image of car. I've also cleaned all parking sensors and tried to open/close all dors (just to be sure).

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
its a warning to let you know that the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car...

seriously, i'd speak to your dealer if there is nothing in the owners manual

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a warning to let you know that the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car...
:D :perfect10:

btw, i've tried to repark my car (in front of another car). parking sensor signalized me that there was an obstacle in front of me. then i turned my ignition off, and that "magic error screen" disappeared, and never came back.

so, imho, it looks like one of the front parking sensors has stalled, and to reload it you need to simulate an obstacle in front of it

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
I thought the new civics got rid of the start button and replaced it with the eco button.
You still get the start button with the top of the range model as it has keyless stuff so you need a button.

That first picture isn't that clear to me, any chance of a close up ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That first picture isn't that clear to me, any chance of a close up ?
Emm, what do you want to see on closer pic? Ignition was off, every display/speedometer were off too. Only imid was showing that screen, with car in center (the one that you see, when parking sensors are operating, or when the door is open). It was really, hmm, scary, because this image was still on imid display even after 20-30 minutes, after i've closed my car.
I can reupload the bigger version of the same pic, but, actually, there is nothing unusual on it, except that strange car on imid :D

I thought the new civics got rid of the start button and replaced it with the eco button.
They're both here - eco-button on the left, and start-stop on right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts