2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope this video works.

Anyway I'm new to Hondas so I don't know if its supposed to be there but it comes and goes and wasn't there when I bought the car so I'm guessing not.

Anyway it basically sounds like a diesel when I'm at full throttle between 1800-2200 revs. I'm wondering if its just a case of its struggling because I rarely used full throttle when I got it.

Hopefully the sound is audible for you all and I hope someone has experienced it and knows what it is (and isn't expensive!! haha)

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Sounds normal to me but I've had my 1.8 for a short while too. So I'm not sure. I'll try to upload what mine sounds like at those revs. Is it in all gears or specific ones

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,692 Posts
don't sound bad on the video can't tell anything, does it sound like metal to metal vibration sound just thinking engine mount maybe.
have you checked the oil level?
when was the last service.
how many miles as the car done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds metal on metal and thanks for the help been away from the computer hence posting on the facebook so I could see on my phone (this sites not great on my phone) I feel a little less worried now. I dont know if its just me because when i got it I very rarely used full throttle so it may be normal.
Serviced less than a month ago and its only done 65k and the oil level is good I check that alot as my last car blew its gasket and it was leaking oil everywhere.

It does it in 2nd-5th gears not 1st or 6th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts