2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope this video works.

Anyway I'm new to Hondas so I don't know if its supposed to be there but it comes and goes and wasn't there when I bought the car so I'm guessing not.

Anyway it basically sounds like a diesel when I'm at full throttle between 1800-2200 revs. I'm wondering if its just a case of its struggling because I rarely used full throttle when I got it.

Hopefully the sound is audible for you all and I hope someone has experienced it and knows what it is (and isn't expensive!! haha)

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Sounds normal to me but I've had my 1.8 for a short while too. So I'm not sure. I'll try to upload what mine sounds like at those revs. Is it in all gears or specific ones

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

·
My VTEC doesn't VTEC
1,109 Posts
Mine does it too, all I could tie it down to was a loose bolt on a corner of the undertray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds metal on metal and thanks for the help been away from the computer hence posting on the facebook so I could see on my phone (this sites not great on my phone) I feel a little less worried now. I dont know if its just me because when i got it I very rarely used full throttle so it may be normal.
Serviced less than a month ago and its only done 65k and the oil level is good I check that alot as my last car blew its gasket and it was leaking oil everywhere.

It does it in 2nd-5th gears not 1st or 6th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts