2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I recorded a strange noise what is coming from the end of the exhaust . I uploaded to youtube. There's no audio distorsion in the "movie" .

Did anybody heard the same noise ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
mine does the same thing! :) it does seem to get more noticable when its been standing with the engine running (eg when defrosting the car)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
is it coming via the engine or is it rattling against something?

I think it's come from the exhaust itself , or it's rattling against somewhere ...

But I don't have any exact idea ..

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Sounds like mine to i've always thought it was a build up of water from the car idling and gurgling in the back box .
If its the same noise sounds the same.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I think it's come from the exhaust itself , or it's rattling against somewhere ...

But I don't have any exact idea ..
Well if you dont know what it is I would poke about under there and hold stuff to see if it is rattling against anything and then you can eliminate that as a source. twas a rattle on my motor where the left tailpipe split from the backbox and it was rubbing against the body. easy fix

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like mine to i've always thought it was a build up of water from the car idling and gurgling in the back box .
If its the same noise sounds the same.
mine does this aswel its a build up of water and sometimes the bass from the stereo makes it more pronouced nothing really that can be done about it apart from giving the car a good blast every now and then, does it by any chance happen after you've washed it? as thats usually when mine does it think water gets in from jet washing

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
mine does this aswel its a build up of water and sometimes the bass from the stereo makes it more pronouced nothing really that can be done about it apart from giving the car a good blast every now and then, does it by any chance happen after you've washed it? as thats usually when mine does it think water gets in from jet washing
Yeh gets worse when i wash it what i think makes it worse is the upsweeped back boxes so when the cars idling the water just sit in the back boxes and will not drain a good rev will clear it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My Hungarian forum mate says it's the condensation water (i don't know the proper English word) freeze in the exhaust and then the ice is rattling inside and making this terrible noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts