2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently started hearing some noises coming from the engine bay. No matter if cold or warm. Video posted below. Found similar topic on other forum where OP was told it's the motor slowly dying? Hard to believe really...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jacek

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1.8, '06 plates, 138k, bought it 14k miles ago and had one oil change since (shell 5w30). What I noticed is that I need to top up 500mls every now and then. Should have address that issue earlier I suppose. Don't know when valves been done before, but not since I got it for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't see anything wrong with belt tensioner that would be visible with naked eyes. But will check again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could be has it ever had the valve clearance's checked
also has it had regular oil changes
how do engine revs change the sound
Done another video. Started from cold and it's less apparent I think. Reved up to 2-2,5 rpm. It doesn't sound that bad tbh:

Second vid is another one from yesterday after longer drive from work. This is what bothers me:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right. Have changed the oil and wanted to do valves clearance as well, but guy in the garage said it sounds ok?
Well, it doesn't to me. This is on warm engine, (on cold I can't hear it, at least not this morning and after arrival to work). It's irregular too me. Unfortunately I couldn't record it during engine reving but too my ear it wasn't getting any worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts