2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have a very strange noise. I'm Portuguese so even try to explain the noise it will very difficulty but I'll try.

Imagine I'm driving over a road going down. I'm not pushing the pedal so the car is going at is own...

I heard a noise like hmmmm (like a cat making rrssss) but it not coming from the engine seems to be the car bearing??

I really don't know how to explain it in english ...

Anyone can give me a ideao about what can be?

·
Administrator
17,968 Posts
Gearbox? Does the sound alter if you drip the clutch?

Wheel bearing? Check all 4 wheels for play.

Brake disk/pad rubbing? Check all 4 calipers are moving freely and that the pads sliders and pins are lightly lubed.

Front brake disk stone guards rubbing perhaps?

Would really help if you could isolate and pin point where the noise is coming from.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,798 Posts
Does accelerating or decelerating affect the noise?
Does going around a bend left or right affect the noise?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys sorry for not giving you detailed information. I'm kind of new :)

I have a Civic 2006 1.4 5 doors

First time I notice the noise was when decelerating on a road going down. After that I tried to find where the noise is coming from...

I notice sometimes on a normal road (levelled) and on road going up I can notice the same noise ... some times when I'm going out of a highway (curve road) I notice the noise increases, so I guess turning left or right the noise is increasing.

Meanwhile decelerating if I press the clutch the noise still the same so I guess it is nothing on the engine or gearbox? Also When I'm not accelerating I can notice the noise better because I do not have the "normal noise" of the engine interfering...

How I can check the Wheel bearing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts