2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning as I reversed out my space the rear end starting making strange cluncking noises and again as I moved off in 1st. After a few minutes driving the noises go.

Anyone had this problem before?

Thnks in advance

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Was it the wife/GF/mistress?? lol.... sorry, seriously.. Its the rear suspension, you need to take the car back to the dealer and ask for bump stops on the rear suspension. That should cure the problem.

Done under warrenty as well!!! score!! lol (although you may have to pay the petrol for a hire car)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought I'd stumbled onto a different kind of website ;)
ha ha you still came in anyway ;-)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Apparantly Honda are aware of this and there may be a recall coming out.

As told by my local Honda dealer.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Well they didnt say exactly what it was but i have the same noise. Apparantly the fluid in the rear shocks drain over night or when standing and it takes a min or two for the the fluid level to raise and this causes the knocking. Only hear say though on my part.

The dealer was Mays of Redhill who told me about a possible recall but they didnt tell me the problem i heard that somewhere else cant remember where.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
That's interesting, I am due to have my rear dampers replaced. My dealer 'Thames Ditton Honda' told me they needed doing. They are also doing the front bump stops.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I heard this over the last few days and then last month before that. The common factor (well to me anyway) it only make this noise when my car is full of fuel, maybe the extra weight?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts