2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi fellows!

Today's I've had a bad experience with my CTR FN2.
I've planned to change my stock ECU for Hondata ECU Group N
Start removed battery, cables ect. after that pulled of Stock ECU and get a new one !:eek:
After 30 min. I've tried start the engine but it didn't start at all !!:confused:
Second attempt, it start forr 5 sec, next try 8 sec ....... afetr 10 attempts
Just thought that is over of my CTR ! :(
Changed ECU again for Stock , the same problem has appear! Sic! what is going on!
Called for Honda dealer , they took the car,(Stock ECU on board of course), After 3 hours they called back to me and said that in the MAF sensor was a ******* fly in it. Can you imagine that!! :mad:
Picked up the car from the service and done my last try, I've had changed for Hondata ECU again and it's worked, finally !!:p Everything is fine, but I don't forget my suprised face when I heard about this damn fly!!

Wchat yourselves guys !

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Do you get any more horses with the Hondadata?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not check it yet, but I really feel the difference , v-tec kick at 3800 and it goes to 8600 rpm! Awsome ! It's completely different car right now.
Next tuesday I'll be on dyno, so I think on wednesday appear a Dyno-graph on site.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sorry to bump that but I hardly believe to the fly story. I'm sure the problem was in emergency fuel thing (secret button under the side panel of the torpedo) that sometimes blocks the fuel from engine without any reason... Normally it should block fuel in case of a car accident.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to bump that but I hardly believe to the fly story. I'm sure the problem was in emergency fuel thing (secret button under the side panel of the torpedo) that sometimes blocks the fuel from engine without any reason... Normally it should block fuel in case of a car accident.
I don't mind. When I remove the fly from the sensor and put it again, problem has gone. Car works normally. That's it.

Cheers

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well OK — everything may happen :). That's just one story hard to believe. At least in Russia you should double check with the dealer's service workers. They want to get money for doing nothing but tricking you very often :).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well OK — everything may happen :). That's just one story hard to believe. At least in Russia you should double check with the dealer's service workers. They want to get money for doing nothing but tricking you very often :).
Yes, you are right, but please advise that I have seen this on my own eyes[smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.