2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. In my 07 FN2, I just recently got this strange sound coming from the ac. To describe it, it sounds like gas leaking. The sound comes and goes random, and when turning the ac completly off, the sound stops. Anyone now what is causing this? :)

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
funnily enough i've been having a hissing sound from my type R recently... again like you, a gas escaping kind of sound. I was trying to nail down where it was coming from, or try to establish some kind of pattern/trigger point for it but couldn't.

I've not actually tried turning the AC off yet, as stupidly it didn't even occur to me it could be that...

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
On my car, with AC left on you get a hissing/releasing of gas sound every few minutes. Sound seems to come from passenger side of engine bay.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For normal yes, but now it is louder and constant. Could it be that the gas that is used for cold air, is going empty?

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
On my car, with AC left on you get a hissing/releasing of gas sound every few minutes. Sound seems to come from passenger side of engine bay.
That's pretty much exactly what i'm getting, from passenger side of car...

Anyone any idea what this is?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Maybe its normal then as a few of use are getting this. Either that or all of our aircon systems need a refill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts