2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since Ive had my car Ive heard this strange sound from the passenger door side when driving. Its not a really loud sound but still annoying. I can only describe it as a ticking/sticky sound. Imagine the rubber strip on a fridge door that provides the seal. Then imagine opening the fridge door slowly and only 2-3mm. That is as accurate a description as I can give unfortunately.

It seems like its coming from the door but I am unsure. After playing with the rubber stops on the passenger door it didn't seem to help.

The noise also seems to come and go, some days the sound isn't there, on over days it can be heard quite clearly.

Anyone experienced a similar sound?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Had a similar one, it turned out to be the plastic trim around and inside the door pocket. To be precise the front wall was ticking against the perpendicular end. Don't know how to better decribe it ;)

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the part by the speaker touching the side of the front dash?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I get it from the auto rain sensor, thought it was the door for ages. So I went down a rough road ( sorry car) and pushed everything till it stopped :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Do you mean the part by the speaker touching the side of the front dash?
It is the door pocket next to the speaker but not where it's touching the front dash, for me it was at the opposite end of it - where I thought it was moulded from one piece I had some sort of separation that caused the annoying ticking. I took a thin rubber band and stuck it in there from the inside, solved the issue.

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
It doesn't sound like it could be this but it might be. I find if the passenger chair is in a particular position when people get out the seat belt knocks on the side where it hasn't retracted back properly. It used to drive me insane.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I get it from the auto rain sensor, thought it was the door for ages. So I went down a rough road ( sorry car) and pushed everything till it stopped :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought I was the only one with this problem! I ended up jamming a piece of card which I had coloured in black around the sensor housing to stop the rattle. A new windscreen helped but not the best way to fix the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts