2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All

Bit concerned because when i leave the civic along say for 2-3 days or more it struggles to turn over like theres not enough power left in battery but after a a few attempts its just about starts, could the battery be on its way out im 99% sure everything is turned off so dont think nothing is draining it or could it be the starter morot? if anyone has any experiance of the problem please let me know your solution, its due a service in the next month so will get them to check anyway

any help is apricated

Cheers, Jay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could just be a dud battery not holding its charge for as long anymore? There are some places that will do a free battery test.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
how old is the battery? meant to change it every 3-5 years i believe

·
Registered
29 Posts
My battery also made it's last breath when it had lived for 4 years, so +1 to I7kus post

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yh its probs battery where can I get a decent 1 from I've seen people but updated battery's on here before? I know not to buy cheapest I can find I need 1 that will last as keeping car for a while

Looking at a Bosch S4 battery looks the part?

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have u got the link mate I could search myself but working today? Until late want to order 1 ASAP

Sent from my iPhone

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I got the s4 from eurocarparts pm coste1l for a europarts discount code he seems to know them all theres loads of them for about 25% off etc

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
common fault.. i got a new one last year from SMS... 46 of your english pounds including discount ....

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
If you get the yuasa battery, when you come to fit it remove the plastic casing fom your car (the battery sits in) it makes it sit slightly proud and the positive connector will tighten up but will easily pop off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts