2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd be good this year and try declaring my mods . . . think I'll just take the risk. Just got quoted £3900 for a lightly modified FN2 from Adrian Flux, no performance increase :facepalm:

22 yrs old, 1 year no claims, clean license. What a joke :roll eyes:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Try using confused and see what you get there. Let us know

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kphonda - I've had no claims whatsoever.

anthropolyte - I didn't carry out the mods (they were installed when I bought the car), but yes point taken.

Farqui - You assume correctly. Turning over a new leaf, so to speak :rolleyes:

Try using confused and see what you get there. Let us know

Thanks Benjy, I hadn't really considered comparison sites for a modified car. Results below:

Cheapest quote (no mods declared): £697.42 from GoSkippy

Cheapest quote (all mods declared): £1090.62 from Admiral

The latter is with two additional drivers, all mods declared including coilovers and remap which I plan on doing next year :D Very happy about this of course, especially compared to my original quote. I don't understand how a high street insurer can be so much cheaper than Flux though . . .

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Thought I'd be good this year and try declaring my mods . . . think I'll just take the risk. Just got quoted £3900 for a lightly modified FN2 from Adrian Flux, no performance increase :facepalm:

22 yrs old, 1 year no claims, clean license. What a joke :roll eyes:
That price is a joke as I know we're older but was under £300 for the tourer and crz with business insurance on both cars for 2 drivers

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I know they don't quote competitively on performance cars if you've not driven one for a full year? Not sure if that's what it is in your case?

Adrian flux have quoted me best with 290 and then 240 this year with all mods declared, granted mines a 1.8 not the fn2

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Admiral are usually good, I had my FN2 at 18 and was just over 1.2k with a years no claims, and declared all mods... First Central are meant to be good as well but I don't think they are happy with mods

Insurance companies just think oh young person + type r = idiot

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Gulp, for once I'm glad that I'm an old [email protected]
Haha, they do try and rip off us oldies too.
Allianz quote for 2014 £212, renewal in 2015, £423!??

Shopped through gocompare and got Swinton for £210 with £50 cashback after 3 months.
Turns out Swinton were only the broker for Allianz!

You honestly couldn't script it :facepalm:

·
Get Your Cray On
177 Posts
I just signed up with Adrian flux.

Last year with no mods on car I was £400 with privilege. This year they wanted £450 with no mods declared, £560 with mods.

Adrian flux for me is £345 with all mods declared.

27, 6ncb, no points, 4 years total experience with fn2 (this is my second one)

Mods
Tinted windows
Vinyl wrapped roof and bonnet
Mugen spoiler
Martelius exhaust

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts