2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says.

Damn fuel filler cap on my FN2 is stuck shut again. Now the third time in 2 months this has happened. I don't believe that this badly designed, shoddy, plastic filler cap is suitable for the Type-R. My old EP3 filler cap is metal, is designed and manufactured properly, and consequently has never failed to open.

Looks like I'll be spending most of lunchtime down the stealers getting it seen to. I've got better things to be doing!

Mark

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
@Romcorin don't take it anywhere. It's the spring clip inside, it will have gone the wrong side of the opener. I bent mine to make sure it stays on the right side. Wedge something in the pull handle and go around to the flap, you should be able to open it, or get someone to hold the pull handle back whilst you open the flap.
Yes, the ep3 design is solid ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Flashy.

I'll have a go with that. What I don't have is a torkx bit to get the thing off.

Stupid thing doesn't get stuck when there's half a tank of fuel, but only when down to next to nothing, so it adds a lot of stress to the commute.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Flashy. I wedged some bubblewrap in behind the lever and did what you said. Worked a treat.

Mark

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Excellent. I remember that stress :laugh2:
Easy fix, you should be able to see that the metal clip is going to the wrong side of the plastic bit on the flap, that's what causes the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts