1 Owner
8k on the clock

against a

11 Plate Civic Type-R GT
Final Spec - LSD, HIDs etc.
Alabaster Silver
Pre-reg (still in showroom)

Cost to change 7k

Would be really interested to hear your thoughts guys? I love my type-r and always loved the silver.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can live without the HIDS and other little extras then don't bother just spend the money on getting an LSD fitted and pocket the difference
Thats what I thought would be the suggestion.

I really want another new one, but i'm just trying to justify it to myself and cant.[smilie=crying.gif]

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Yeah there isn't a massive amount of difference in terms of everyday use and driving and most things you can upgrade yourself if it really bothers you. Your CTR is low mileage anyway and no doubt you are looking after it well. I would wait and see what the next model range has in store before making a decision seeing as it isn't that far off. And if nothing takes your fancy, there will still be a fair few nearly new R's around for you to consider?

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
698 Posts
i wouldnt change it, just buy FRS, LSD and maybe wrap it into different color and you will be as happy as you had a new car :p

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
For 7k you could supercharge, fit a lsd, uprate brakes and frsu.... that would be my preference...

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Worth baring in mind modded cars are harder to sell. Basically its dead money- the new one will hold its value much better

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
that is true although quality mods will always sell on if looked after. I bought my previous car (EP3) for 6300 and sold it for 3500 2 years later. During the time I had it I spend approx 3k on mods (hondata kpro, gruppem, spoon exhaust etc) and sold them all for £1500 separately to the car. So the drop in price of mods was in line with the depreciation of the car.

That said a supercharger will have a limited market, and cost more to insure and fitting a lsd will not be worth removing so that would be dead money really..

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
yeah but in 2yrs he will have lost 7k on his 11 plate, i would spend the 7k on mods if its dead money anyway think of the fun! new car is only new car for a day mods can be like new car day every time you add one :D and you will be able to sell the mods on again they will sell if they are cheap enough

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
yeah but in 2yrs he will have lost 7k on his 11 plate, i would spend the 7k on mods if its dead money anyway think of the fun! new car is only new car for a day mods can be like new car day every time you add one :D and you will be able to sell the mods on again they will sell if they are cheap enough

good point, well made!

·
Registered
356 Posts
When i bought my CTR last December, the dealer had a 10 plate with delivery miles at £15995.
08 with your sort of mileage were about 12K giving 4K difference, so to me 7K to change seems a lot.
Also the R looks great in black, would you like the silver as much?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
ask yourself why he is offering it? he wants hot of the car to met a target... if you really want it then push for a better deal.... nothing ventured!!!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
"8k on the clock"

That's amazing mileage. I can't leave mine on the drive for two minutes without using it. I'm on first name terms with my petrol station :). Perhaps as I live very clost to the well know Sheffield to Woodhead pass. A popular road for Top Gear!!!

"For 7k you could supercharge, fit a lsd, uprate brakes and frsu.... that would be my preference..." I'm with you

+1

·
Registered
319 Posts
No chance! In 2 years that 7k is down the drain....

Imagine this:

Supercharger, exhaust, intake, remap, LSD + FRSU could all happen in that 7k. That would be 320hp and it would handle like a dream! Or do you want to spend 7k on an inferior colour :p, a USB port and some HID's?

If so give me a shout i'll arange that for 7k :p

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish someone would just say go for it! LOL

My car is worth IRO of 11k part-exchange.

Do you think I could knock some more off, if so how much?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I am putting mine up for sale in a couple of weeks,is a 10 plate crystal black with lsd hids usb and gp pack,no marks at all
18k for a brand new one is still pretty good going I have seen quite a few up for 20k still
The lsd makes a huge difference btw,I had an 08 before this one with kw v2's and frs lighter wheels with toyo tyres and this handles almost as well tbh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts