2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It's happened again, my car went into stealth mode and the guy behind me didn't see it and tried to move through it :scream1:
His car (Seat Ibiza) looks pretty mashed up in the front (thank you, crumple zones), but he was still able to drive (although the fan sounded a bit wheezy...). My car... apart from a few scratches around the reverse sensors, NOTHING! By the sound of it I thought that the trunk wouldn't be accessible anymore, but everything's just fine.

Will be interesting to see if the guy gets back into contact with me... it was his mum's car and he wouldn't give me more than his name, no phone number ("I'll call you tomorrow"), nothing...

I'm doing this for his sake, I can live with a couple of paint chips missing from my car... I'll keep you up-to-date.

Oh, and both drivers are fine :D

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
You need to check behind the bumper as the damage on a civic can be hidden.

Personally I would never let someone leave the scene of an accident without giving me all their details.

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to check behind the bumper as the damage on a civic can be hidden.

Personally I would never let someone leave the scene of an accident without giving me all their details.

I have the owner's address and insurance company name, and I have his and the town he's living in.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I agree, you should get it checked out. The same happened to me with when I had my pug 307.... It looked fine after being rear ended by a golf, but when checked the chassis was twisted and the rear panel behind the bumper had bent and split (also damaging the loom which cases all sorts of issues with the multiplex)

I dont want to scare you, just do it for your own price of mind;)

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Seems a lit complacent to let them go without their name, number, address...I asked someone for ID once...and then told him I was getting my number from my phone..and rang his. After hearing of people being conned...due diligence is the way forward!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah id take the bumper off and check the crash bar! Seems a bit stupid (not being mean) to think that your car is ok when his car was pretty damaged, the impact must have been absorbed some where.

I had a mk6 fiesta and my mate ran into the back of it, front of his car was wrecked ( rad and fan smashed to bits) but my car "looked" fine.
He said he would pay for a new bumper as thats all the looked damaged.
Got home and removed it and the crash bar was bent right in and he had also caved the spare wheel well in. Cost £900 quid to get it fixed, he ended up going through his insurance.

So I would check if I was you. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts