2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experienced a brief loss in power and a stuttering just after vtec at around 2/3rds throttle? It's annoying as hell, I've checked with hondata to see if there is anything flagging up. AFRs are bang on, no knock. Was wondering if valve clearance would cause this? It's been about 12000 miles since I had them done. I tend to drive in low gears with higher revs cause of the roads around here so the valve train must get a fair rattling.

Only recent change has been a cpl intake and the AFRs are now set at 12.8-13.0 at wot.

Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the above does not make a difference perhaps put some injector cleaner in your tank?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Is the duty rising ?

Afr means **** all when the sensors are prone to fail. Is it MAF tuned ? Was the MAF rotund for the new intake

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Duty is fine no real change from previous intake, slightly higher duty at over 7500rpm. AFRs mean a lot when the sensors work which they do at present. It's one little rough area so I'll try the fuel injector cleaner initially. The resonance from the cpl intake is fine I'm sure

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Nah most need tuned .

You'll be open loop so duty should be the same

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't understand what you mean by tuned in this context?

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is MAP tuned by vitviper

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Not having the MAF enabled changes things

Have you a log you can share ?

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my phone just now mate but I'll get one up for a looksy

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Have you got the standard intake pipe on the RRC? If so I would check all around it to look for splits! Mine did this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts