2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Looking for some recommendations for coilovers under £1k, I've read a lot about teins being unsuitable for UK roads, so my current thoughts are:

Meister Zeta CRD+
KW V1

What else should I be considering?

Cheers,

Liam.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Hey,

Looking for some recommendations for coilovers under £1k, I've read a lot about teins being unsuitable for UK roads, so my current thoughts are:

Meister Zeta CRD+
KW V1

What else should I be considering?

Cheers,

Liam.
MeisterR all the way. Spot on customer service too.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long have you been using them for? Aren't they a fairly new brand? I wondering about reliability/durability as I know the Kw's can take a beating on our roads.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Although be aware you may also get charged a days labour for fitting them as well as a FRS with a ride height check too so you may be on the cusp of a 1K fitting

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Good point...though the fitting can be DIY'd.

You'd at least want the alignment checked afterwards.

FRS is a bit meh for road use as you're likely to chew through front tyres quicker. The coilies alone will give your handling a big boost.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Awesome, well done.

You'll be getting alignment done anyway, so I'd just go with OEM settings for now. Or if you're certain FRS is needed, then get the garage to add a bit more camber and toe out during alignment. You can adjust the fronts easily but the rears are shimmed and won't make as much difference anyhoo.

Balance FRS with higher tyre wear, your choice ultimately. But if I were you, I'd stick to coilies for now...you can always add a bit of FRS later.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, well done.

You'll be getting alignment done anyway, so I'd just go with OEM settings for now. Or if you're certain FRS is needed, then get the garage to add a bit more camber and toe out during alignment. You can adjust the fronts easily but the rears are shimmed and won't make as much difference anyhoo.

Balance FRS with higher tyre wear, your choice ultimately. But if I were you, I'd stick to coilies for now...you can always add a bit of FRS later.
can't wait!

I only do around 4-5k a year anyway so it probably won't be an issue, the rubber will probably start to degrade before the tires have worn out. Ill see how it drives with the coilovers on first and go from there.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Come help fit mine afterwards :D

Reactions: liamgdr

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Although be aware you may also get charged a days labour for fitting them as well as a FRS with a ride height check too so you may be on the cusp of a 1K fitting
A days labour? They're easy to fit. And there's settings for them on here regarding ride height. No more than a 2hour job at a garage with a ramp.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Will nandos suffice? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
A days labour? They're easy to fit. And there's settings for them on here regarding ride height. No more than a 2hour job at a garage with a ramp.
Thats if the drive shafts don't pop out and have to realign them which can take a fair while if theyre being tricky, ,or seized drop links which i had when i went to change my suspension.

Its about a 3 hour job if nothing out of the ordinary goes wrong.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Thats if the drive shafts don't pop out and have to realign them which can take a fair while if theyre being tricky, ,or seized drop links which i had when i went to change my suspension.

Its about a 3 hour job if nothing out of the ordinary goes wrong.
I've done the job enough times on my drive to do it blindfolded. Never have I had a drive shaft pop out. If that happens, you're not doing it properly. On a ramp it's two hours max. Personally, if you're doing the coilovers, chuck on a new set of drop links and ARB bushes, then the drop links can be cut off instead of mincing about trying to get them off in one piece.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
So I ordered a set mesiters, couldn't wait :smile3:

I'll definitely DIY it, so theres no point have the frs done?
I never had a FRS done. Keep the camber set on zero on the camber adjuster plates. This equates to 1degree neg camber. Use the measurements posted up in my fitting guide and set the tracking to parallel. You can do this using tape measures on a flat level surface.

Either that or just take it to someone with a hunter alignment machine and pay them for a front tracking.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Oh and as said earlier, get some new ARB bushes from Honda(cheap) and some Moog droplinks. Then its basically a decent refresh.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Do coilovers like this need servicing or rebuilding as I hear differing opinions?

If so do they need to be removed for this work?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts